Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this now 7yrs known this bike since new I'm the 3rd owner, original
paint, motor was rebuilt. Some of the pics from Road America AMA races where I meet some other fellow enthusiasts of old bikes and another ELR.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments, the bike is a bit heavy but with the motor now pushing about 115hp at the wheel it scoots along pretty good.
Road America is in northern WI and is the longest road track in north America
over 4 miles long. One of the best things about the track you can camp at it all weekend nothing like waking up to race bikes (or cars) in the morning.:p

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's very cool.

I had a '78 Kawasaki Z500 that was painted in the Z1000R colour scheme. Actually bought it from my brother after I helped him to rebuild it a couple of years ago.
I should never have sold it.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
I have a soft spot for the GS....it was the first proper bike I ever sat on!!!

Fond memories :punk

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Guy on a neighboring Nascar team has a ZRX and a really neat Honder CB900F. He calls it his "Spencer Replica" and rides it most every day.

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
I've had this now 7yrs known this bike since new I'm the 3rd owner, original
paint, motor was rebuilt. Some of the pics from Road America AMA races where I meet some other fellow enthusiasts of old bikes and another ELR.
That GS1000 is sweet!

Ed

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Very sweet bikes, I always like the old Kawasakis. I had a 1976 Z-1 many years ago in. It was my bike one year when I was in between my 86 GSXR's. Looks like they are waiting for Eddie Lawson and Wes Cooley to jump on and take a parde lap or a grudge race. That GS 1100 ef is one rare bike. Very nice indeed.

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
I saw your gs and had to post mine. I will say mine is not as clean as yours. Lol. I also picked up a 1982 gs 850 that I'm gettin on the road. View attachment 194862

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I have almost the same bike as yours...'82 GS750TZ (Black) and the one facing I sold back in March (GSX-R750Y). How ironic that you have what I currently own and what I use to own.

Ed

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
Thought I would post my "will never let this one go" pics...:biggrin
My 80 gs750e and my 84 gs1150ef (although thinking about selling the 1150, I must admit)
Trevor, that's a sweet GS750 you got there...I hope to get mine as clean as yours!

Ed

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have almost the same bike as yours...'82 GS750TZ (Black) and the one facing I sold back in March (GSX-R750Y). How ironic that you have what I currently own and what I use to own.

Ed
It's a small world. Lol. I love both to death. The 82 gs 850gl I just got will be on the road by June. It will be the first shaft driven bike I've ever owned/ridden.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 31 Posts