Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,147 Posts
To use the new switch, you're going to have to also buy a mating connector/terminals/seals like the OEM or hack up your main wiring harness (not a good idea). The OEM switch has a key actuated pin for the steering lock that I'm guessing your new one doesn't have. The OEM switch has a built in resistor for one of the leads to the ECM that your new one probably doesn't. The OEM switch has a Park position where only the turn signals and running lights work. I'm suspicious of that feature being in your new switch. So, all in all, you're probably better off returning it and getting the correct Suzuki part.

If I'm wrong and the new switch has these features, it should have come with a wiring diagram. Did it? I can't tell, does it have five or six leads?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,147 Posts
The listing is fishy. In the fitment information it says "Suzuki GSXR1000 2003-2005 2007 2009-2015 (NOT fit GSXR1000 2006 & 2008 model)". The K5 and K6 use the same lock, as do K7 and K8. Actually all four use the same lock, but the listing is for the lock set, which includes the gas cap and tail lock. There might be some K5/K6 vs K7/K8 differences but I haven't bothered to track that down. Also the E33 models use a different gas cap and there's no mention of that.

$30 is roughly one tenth the Suzuki price. That's awfully cheap - suspiciously so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts