Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you get the ignition loose from the top triple (93 1100 triple) are those rivets that are holding it in? i got the ignition with the front end (93 1100), but no key...........i have an 86 ignition with a key (came with bike). what to do....have a key made or swap igs? what the easiest? thx all!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've got a 92 750 front end on my 86 1100, and I'm using the stock ignition (86). I had to modify the clamp a bit, to make it fit right,and look good. But if I had the chance to do it over, (and had the correct ignition switch, like in your case) I'd just take the clamp and all down to a locksmith and have them make a new key for 8-10 bucks.

Hope this helps.
Dave.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If your top triple is like mine, another option is to grind/cut off the whole boss that holds the ignition switch. Then wire up a new "rocker" or "toggle" switch under the triple and out of sight. You wouldn't believe how much this cleans up the whole look of the "dash", especially with a little polish job. You will be happy, and if security is an issue, start using a disc lock (if you're not using one already) and remember, you're the only on that knows there is no key!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts