Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 91 750 Iam getting spark and it sounds like it wants to start. From left to right the coils read 1-2-3-4.Is that the firing order. Because who know the numbers in the wires could be wrong.The way there positon straight from the coil is 1-4 & 2-3. Here another funning thing.. when I pull plug number 4 out it really sound like it wants to start. when I put it back on it doesnt sound like it wants to start. Any sugg.
Thanks

[ 04-27-2002, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Dontilgon ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
One coil fires cylinders #1 and #4 and the other fires #2 and #3. Check to see that you have the low-voltage leads from the CDI connected to the correct coil. Firing order is 1243, but you can swap #1 and #4 or #2 and #3 because the coil fires the pair of cyls, not individually. The only way you can goof on the coils is to connect the #2 and #3 coil to the #1 and #4 cyls or vice-versa.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the coils should be put on as 1243. From left to right 1 goes to the far right 2 goes second to right . The 3 wire goes on the far left and the fourth wire goes second to left?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
um... it's kinda difficult to describe in words... each coil has two wires connected to it from the wiring harness (these wires are from the CDI) as well as the two spark-plug leads. It really doesn't matter so much what order everything is laid out in ...aww shoot, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

and here's a diagram of actual wire-routing...

I hope this makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts