Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ignition/Valves Issue GSXR1000k1

Hey guys!

I have a GSXR1000 k1, she came home on its own wheels (since i bought it about two weeks ago), then, after 2 days without turning her on, i turn it on and after a couple of minutes she went off by herself, then when i tried to turn on the bike again she just wouldn't go on, no matter how much i pushed the ignition button the bike just cranked and cranked and cranked without successful combustion...
Then i took the sparks out and cleaned (they where really black due to rich mixture i guess...), i put them back on and took a look inside the 4 air admission holes and saw 3 out of 4 pairs of valves closed, the pair on the first piston where fully open :dunno ,is this normal?? could this be the cause of the whole problem? (i could give a look at the valves thru the butterfly air admission valves by fully opening the gas)

Any advice? this is mi first bike so i'm completely new in this world of big bikes.

Thank you very much!

p.s.: I have also checked the fuel pump and its working just fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Ignition/Valves Issue GSXR1000k1

Hey guys!

I have a GSXR1000 k1, she came home on its own wheels (since i bought it about two weeks ago), then, after 2 days without turning her on, i turn it on and after a couple of minutes she went off by herself, then when i tried to turn on the bike again she just wouldn't go on, no matter how much i pushed the ignition button the bike just cranked and cranked and cranked without successful combustion...
Then i took the sparks out and cleaned (they where really black due to rich mixture i guess...), i put them back on and took a look inside the 4 air admission holes and saw 3 out of 4 pairs of valves closed, the pair on the first piston where fully open :dunno ,is this normal?? could this be the cause of the whole problem? (i could give a look at the valves thru the butterfly air admission valves by fully opening the gas)

Any advice? this is mi first bike so i'm completely new in this world of big bikes.

Thank you very much!

p.s.: I have also checked the fuel pump and its working just fine.

Also, the spark plugs where bought about 10 days ago, and they where actually never used, just the way home,about 10 miles. (ngk iridium spark plugs)...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts