Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki is starting a customer satifsfaction campain to replace the IMU in all 1000R models
just a heads up. This is not a recall.

jason

·
Registered
164 Posts
My dealer told me about this by sending me a notice by mail, they ordered the part, and I have an appointment this Saturday to replace the IMU. They will do it while I wait. I live in Japan and the customer service here is second to none!

·
Registered
56 Posts
My dealer told me about this by sending me a notice by mail, they ordered the part, and I have an appointment this Saturday to replace the IMU. They will do it while I wait. I live in Japan and the customer service here is second to none!
Can you post a copy of the notice for reference? None of my dealers know anything about this and are playing dumb. Is it listing a part number for the new IMU?

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK Suzuki is issuing recall on the GSXR1000 IMU sensor replace them all. I called Suzuki in California and they did confirm it and said the campaign number is 2891. They said to have the dealer run the vin number in the Suzuki Data base and it will come up with a red flag. So I called my dealer to let them know and said they already ran it and seen the recall for the IMU sensor and already had it on order.

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
This IMU recall could affect the way the traction control working? Because the stock TC is not great on the track....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can you post a copy of the notice for reference? None of my dealers know anything about this and are playing dumb. Is it listing a part number for the new IMU?
I could post it but it's in Japanese. Looks like you got the info now from your dealer. In Japan, they are not calling it a recall, just an update service, whatever that means.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I could post it but it's in Japanese. Looks like you got the info now from your dealer. In Japan, they are not calling it a recall, just an update service, whatever that means.
I assume the part carries a different part number? I hope and are not replacing the IMU with the same part number only to go bad again.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wont post internal suzuki info on the web.... every dealer has access to the info on Suzuki Connect. it is a customer satisfaction campain

jason

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,055 Posts
another IMU... waaaaa
ive already replaced mine, but im guessing they've changed the software in the IMU to stop this from happening.

·
Registered
56 Posts
another IMU... waaaaa
ive already replaced mine, but im guessing they've changed the software in the IMU to stop this from happening.
Im hoping they did change the software because I will not spend 800 every time it goes bad.

If they did reprogram the IMU then it should have a different part number. If the part number is the same I’m gonna question them about it.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
another IMU... waaaaa
if you replaced it Suzuki will do it again and reimburse you for the other one if you were out of pocket

jason

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,055 Posts
nah mine was all done under warranty, they were trying to track down the issues with the quickshifter and replaced everything that could effect it.
i just had to wait for about 3-4 weeks for an IMU.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts