Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Has Custom Title Envy
30,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have the Olympia Kevlar series gloves like the one pictured get rid of them. As some of you may know already I totaled my bike. I got major road rash on my knees and hands. These gloves offered no protection. The bottom half of my palms are pretty much gone. I had the blue/black/white combo...

Just trying to save someone else from going through this pain...

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
hehe...what a piece of shit those gloves are!! I would not trust them as far as I could chuck them.

Just remember....You get what you paid for. I would rather pay $230.00 (and I did) for my Held Galaxy gloves and not EVER have to worry about them falling apart.

my .02

njracer

·
Has Custom Title Envy
30,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah,
I had a pair of Alpinestar GP gloves on order. Didn't really think I would be needing to use them for a while...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Shit, that makes me think about other gloves as well, I have the Teknic Violator II gloves and paid over $100 so I wonder how they would hold up. Think I'll start a thread and survey equipment that holds up well in a crash
Sorry to hear about your misshap Paul...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have just one thing to say; at least you were wearing gloves. Just moved to Phoenix and can't believe the squid mentality here...Try to stick with brand name stuff, it is more expensive, yes, but it is worth it in the end. Or in this case the crash.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
HELL YEAH njracer...i think HELD is da best, just a little advice, you get what you pay for, don't be cheap when it comes to your protection!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GR8 GSXR:
Shit, that makes me think about other gloves as well, I have the Teknic Violator II gloves and paid over $100 so I wonder how they would hold up. Think I'll start a thread and survey equipment that holds up well in a crash
Sorry to hear about your misshap Paul...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about what a teknic will do in a crash!!!! I am still here because of teknic
Stef

·
Registered
733 Posts
I used to have those gloves red/black, now i have a new bike and tossed those away...now i got my agv sport, with carbonkevlar knuckles and padded palms.... thank god i tossed those olypias out...luckily ur still okay!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have the blue/black/white combo too. I just purchased them a month or two ago for $70, replacing a thicker pair of leather gloves that I had before that were coming apart a bit. I did notice these new gloves were much thinner but I thought they would still be decent.. how long were you dragging on the palms of your hands -- what speed did it all happen at?

·
Registered
759 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gsxr_paul:
Yeah,
I had a pair of Alpinestar GP gloves on order. Didn't really think I would be needing to use them for a while...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alpinestar GP Plus, excellent glove I paid 175.00 for them but when you sliding across the ground they will seem CHEAP compared to the skin-grafs.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i used to work near there and would drive down to rocky point in mexico on the gulf on the weekends. some nice high speed roads and the mexican police didn't care about speeding at all:punk

oh yeah, gloves... i had my first crash last spring and the cheap pakistani gloves held up fine. my hand was quite sore though and i had thought wearing my track day held gloves was overkill. but my hand would not have been sore for weeks if i had worn them. so is it ever too radical to wear trackgear on the street? probably not.

·
Registered
563 Posts
gear is one of those things where more is ALWAYS better. i just replaced my astars s-mx2 gloves after seeing how they held up in another guys crash (not very well to say the least) i picked up a pair of GP plus gloves for 155 and they feel much better. the only difference in my gear from commuting to track now is full leathers. i just wear jeans and a leather jacket on the street, but still wear boots, race gloves, helmet. and if i'm hitting the canyons its full leathers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
haha when people come into the shop and look at those gloves, i laugh and say try again

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
gear is one of those things where more is ALWAYS better. i just replaced my astars s-mx2 gloves after seeing how they held up in another guys crash (not very well to say the least) i picked up a pair of GP plus gloves for 155 and they feel much better. the only difference in my gear from commuting to track now is full leathers. i just wear jeans and a leather jacket on the street, but still wear boots, race gloves, helmet. and if i'm hitting the canyons its full leathers.
There is a crashed gear thread on sportbikes.net - one of the posts is on a* mx gloves. - Basically if you're wearing mx gloves, your bike had better have knobbies, and you're riding it off dirt jumps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i got sideswiped on my cbr recently and i had icon gear. alliance ss helmet impressed me and the ti max gloves impressed the shit outta me. the titanium studs on the palms were killer for sliding!!! icon rules! i replaced my helmet with a slayer helmet from rockhard...hopefully i dont ever have to put it to the test!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts