Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone wanted my 1986 GSX-R 750 RG Limited Edition what do you think I could get? I know what Kelly Blue Book says but that isn't an indicator of what it might really go for. Here's the state of affairs...

22,000 miles, 150 miles on rebuilt clutch. The thrust bearing died so I took it all the way down and replaced all the seals. New EBC discs front and rear with new Dunlopads. Goodridge brake line in front. WP shock replaced the stock rear and fresh oil for the forks. Dunlop 591's with less than 500 miles. K&N air filter with Hindle Competition plus full exhaust. Dyno'd two weeks ago at 85 hp at the rear wheel. (Have all reciepts)

I've saved all the original parts- the old pipe, discs, pads, brake lines and rear shock. I recycled the oil. I've aquired an extra set of lowers still wrapped in the Suzuki plastic. So if someone wanted to have it be totally original as the day it left Japan it could be done.

I'm not sure I want to sell it but here's why I bought it. It dearly needed some TLC and I couldn't say no. I spent the winter getting it to where it is now and unless I want to do nit-picking work in the hard to reach orifices I'm done. It's very fun to ride but it doesn't have a pillion seat so I can't bring the wife. Oh, wait, that's not a problem. I've started accumulating parts for a 7/11 project so my desire to get greasy is fulfilled by that bike. No I won't drop an 1100 motor in the LTD. I guess it'd be a matter of getting the right price established if I were to sell it.

Any ideas?

------------------
'86 750 RG for nice days...
7/11 project for driving my wife nuts...
'82 GPZ550 for trashing without worries...

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
i say hold on to it - ride it if you can, if not, as classicgsxr said, hold off selling it until you can find someone who will truly find a good home for it.

circumstances force me to sell my old 86 750 - i still regret it to this day.

------------------

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't know what you'd be able to get but I know I would definately regret selling it if I were you. If you do sell it, you need to be patient and find some who just loves those bikes such as I do, although I don't have any cash.

------------------
Wes
1987 GSXR 1100

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After the posts and the input my riding buddies gave me I've decided to keep the LTD for a while. I'm going to do two things with it. First I'm going to wear out the K591's on it before the Brainerd,MN AMA races. Then I'm going to TEMPORARILY put the suspension off the 7/11 in an effort to get it adjusted or tuned before this winter when I can send them off to Lindemann's. And who knows, maybe I'll have found a motor for the 7/11 by then. I do know this much, coming back from Road America AMA races at stupid-fast speeds was reason enough to keep it. I problably shouldn't have let Mladin, Yates and Hacking autograph the tail cowl either.

Bugs are a great source of protein...and are easily scraped off the headlights.

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: bcklrcr ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts