Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a white gsxr on the little run off along seven lakes drive.

Long story short, I was going up during that right hand banked turn and maxed my tire. A lowslide then commenced and my bike went straight into the rocks.

If it weren't for my full leathers that day, I think i'd have some terrible road rash and a broken knee. No more pushing it on the public roads for me :(...

Ride safe guys.

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
You "maxed out" your rear tire cause you weren't off the seat enough and your upper body wasn't low enough in the turn. Proper BP lessons are given on the BM runs every sun. But your are correct, the streets are not the place to push your limits, the TRACK is. Glad you are aight.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You "maxed out" your rear tire cause you weren't off the seat enough and your upper body wasn't low enough in the turn. Proper BP lessons are given on the BM runs every sun. But your are correct, the streets are not the place to push your limits, the TRACK is. Glad you are aight.
I maxed my rear tire because the turn was a banked turn that I leaned too much for.

I'm the white gsxr in front.
Perhaps my body positioning can use work, but I don't believe it caused me to max my rear in this case.

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
I beg forgiveness, I thought you were some street squid talking about maxxing out a tire in a turn because of bad BP. I didn't realize that you were a track whore like the rest of us.:biggrin What Org was that I didn't see any blue vest but it def looks like a beginner group. Guys were all over the place way off line. Anyway, I know there are some very nice 180 degree turns, in the 7 lakes area, after the 2nd circle which you make a right on. We used to ride thru there but the roads are too damn bumpy. Not to mention ZERO run off if you leave the concrete.:eek:hmy We ALL are a work in progress, the track is the safest place to push your limits and CRASH!!! WE track whores have to remind ourselves to tone it down when we hit the twisties, cause we can't ride the streets like we do on the track. :burnout

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I beg forgiveness, I thought you were some street squid talking about maxxing out a tire in a turn because of bad BP. I didn't realize that you were a track whore like the rest of us.:biggrin What Org was that I didn't see any blue vest but it def looks like a beginner group. Guys were all over the place way off line. Anyway, I know there are some very nice 180 degree turns, in the 7 lakes area, after the 2nd circle which you make a right on. We used to ride thru there but the roads are too damn bumpy. Not to mention ZERO run off if you leave the concrete.:eek:hmy We ALL are a work in progress, the track is the safest place to push your limits and CRASH!!! WE track whores have to remind ourselves to tone it down when we hit the twisties, cause we can't ride the streets like we do on the track. :burnout
No harm done. :cheers

This a TPM track day and although I'm a red paced rider, I went down into white to ride with a friend.

I feel pretty embarrassed to have crashed the way I did because I did not account for the banked corner. I was extremely lucky as my bike slid onto the oncoming lane of a blind corner. What I took away from this is ride conservatively on the streets and don't lean unless necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts