Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my bike tore down to have the frame powder coated I now have everything bike together and am riding again, but I have some issues, well so does the bike! I have an 01 1000, during tear down one of the throttle body housing got busted so I got a new throttle body setup but I dont think that is the prob. when my bike is idling it lobes, but when I pull in the clutch the lobe goes away and the rpm goes up 50 - 100 rpm. any ideas. I know with a new set of throttle bodies I will have to sync them but this problem just started doing this.. please help.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
You busted and changed one of the throttle bodies, right? Did you change the throttle head, arms and legs as well? You need to change the whole throttle, if you just change the body it will end up with a split personality

·
Registered
170 Posts
what does lobe mean?????

PM doughboy, he'll know.
PM andtal if you want to know what LUBE is......
no need to PM me..........
i use it on my chain quite a lot, although im thinking about giving wax ago. You can also use spray lube (like WD40) on electrical connectors to remove any moisture that may affect performance.

Ever seen the book they put out on the 1000's of uses for WD-40.........I've tried it on the fishing lures, but it didn't seen to work to well for me..........

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Ever seen the book they put out on the 1000's of uses for WD-40.........I've tried it on the fishing lures, but it didn't seen to work to well for me..........
Then you've fished in the wrong place - it's great for catching squids

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.