Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another noob question, but I've searched and can't find it. It's probably in the manual, but I haven't exactly taken the time to pull it out and read it.

At idle, I'm sitting at about 600-700 RPM and having a problem with it staying cranked sometimes at lights. I know I need to increase my RPM to around 1200 or so at idle, but how exactly do I do that?

Thanks is advance.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Here's another noob question, but I've searched and can't find it. It's probably in the manual, but I haven't exactly taken the time to pull it out and read it.
At idle, I'm sitting at about 600-700 RPM and having a problem with it staying cranked sometimes at lights. I know I need to increase my RPM to around 1200 or so at idle, but how exactly do I do that?
Thanks is advance.
Pull the seat (main seat, not passenger), lift the tank, and on the left side of the bike right under the tank you'll see the adjustments... One is made to easily be turned by your fingers (it's the bigger/longer one) that's your normal idle, the other (shorter/smaller) one is the "cold start" idle.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciated.

I am correct in that it should idle around 1200, right?
And how much tweaking of the knob is needed to move the idle point there?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Appreciated.
I am correct in that it should idle around 1200, right?
And how much tweaking of the knob is needed to move the idle point there?
Yeah, about 1150 to 1200.... Doesn't take much, it's fairly sensitive... It'll probably be like 1/16th of a turn or so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts