Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am still having a problem with my idle it won't really hold an idle and will die if it doesn't get above 100 deg and even then it has to be very high around 2000-2500 i have checked the TPS and changed the plugs and messed with the idle but to no avail does anyone have any suggestions maybe its a gas problem or fuel delivery problem how would i go about checking that.

thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bones, have you checked the ECM for codes? If none found check all vacuum hoses.
List any mods to your bike also, somebody can help we just need more info. Mine
did the same thing when I forgot to hook up vacuum hose to IAP sensor on airbox.
No codes were showing up when this happened but it ran super rich and would not idle.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesn't have any codes and i have checked all vacuum hoses there are ne mods but the bike has been laid down but repaired. the hose your talking about the one by the IAP sensor with the green connector because that is hooked up.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
96 Posts
3 hoses if I remember correctly. Two are part of the PAIR system. (larger diameter)
One small vacuum hose to the IAP sensor. Plus 2 wire connectors. IAP sensor at the back left side and IAT sensor
in the middle right.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i will have to check that out that might be the problem becuase i only have two i believe one in the front of the air box and one on the side by the sensor but there is a cap on a bung for a vacuum hose, to the right of the air box

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can someone look at there manual and tell me how many hoses are supposed to be hooked to the air box on a 03 600

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bones, the 3rd hose is just a vacuum hose connecting to your IAP sensor left side back.
It's not really attached to airbox but to the sensor that screws on to the airbox. Not the green
one (IAT sensor) the black one.
The cap is just a water drain for the airbox. When speaking of locations of these I mean
as sitting on the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts