Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hoping someone can tell me if I'm just jumping the gun or what. I was out with buddy's and went to watch a movie. I got a 2010 gsxr 750 with 5700 km on it. Temperature out side is ney 4 degrees with wind gust at 35 km. so anyways. Went to start bike it start then idle went down and almost like sputtering close to 1000 rpm so uddy gave it a shot of gas it turned off. Turned it on again same thing but this time gave it large shot of gas and again shot of gas saw black smoke come out of pipe, then it was fine idle. Ran fine on way home and everything.

My friend said its got carbon build up in pipe and its clear now and its because I don't push it. I think he's retarded lol. I think it could be because its cold out? It's never happened before. What you guys think ? O btw bike has a yosh slip on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that's it. In the video it shows as soon as he gives it gas it cuts then again same thing. Mine when I gave it small amount of gas it turned off then when I turned it on and gave it a little more black smoke came out and it was fine back to normal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked my mechanic buddy, and told him about it he said it was gas that was in carbs little bid of flood. So I guess it's good. Drove it for days after that and its good.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
I asked my mechanic buddy, and told him about it he said it was gas that was in carbs little bid of flood. So I guess it's good. Drove it for days after that and its good.
Yeah, time for you to find a new mechanic buddy. Unless you are posting in the wrong forum as this is for 2008-2010 bikes, there are no carburetors, these are fuel injected bikes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have actually had this problem a number of times... though it goes away as quick as it arrives and rare enough for me to just deal with it...

One time I had the autotune connected while it was happening and the readings were very strange... the bike somehow creates an incredibly rich scenario at about 8:1 AFR which is why all the black smoke and it wont hold idle... I managed to correct it that time by changing the trims to even it out.. UNTIL the bike got warm and I had to remove the trims other wise it would be too lean.

I had to fix mine mostly by just getting on the bike and revving out first down the street... HARD. By the time the bike revved down and I stopped at the lights, idle was purrfect and the bike felt really good actually. Other times if you hold the throttle slightly open until the bike heats up to about 60-70 degrees C the problem will correct itself...

As Mike said... Good luck if its causing you massive issues... but my problem hasnt happened in months and I know my own bike enough to be able to overcome it without much pain. Each bike will probably react differently.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have actually had this problem a number of times... though it goes away as quick as it arrives and rare enough for me to just deal with it...

One time I had the autotune connected while it was happening and the readings were very strange... the bike somehow creates an incredibly rich scenario at about 8:1 AFR which is why all the black smoke and it wont hold idle... I managed to correct it that time by changing the trims to even it out.. UNTIL the bike got warm and I had to remove the trims other wise it would be too lean.

I had to fix mine mostly by just getting on the bike and revving out first down the street... HARD. By the time the bike revved down and I stopped at the lights, idle was purrfect and the bike felt really good actually. Other times if you hold the throttle slightly open until the bike heats up to about 60-70 degrees C the problem will correct itself...

As Mike said... Good luck if its causing you massive issues... but my problem hasnt happened in months and I know my own bike enough to be able to overcome it without much pain. Each bike will probably react differently.
This sounds very much like a problem in another thread, next time it happens lift the tank and disconnect the IAP sensor it's on the right side when sitting on the bike just under the tank. if the problem goes away as soon as you unplug that sensor you most likely have the same problem as this thread
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301833
if it is the same problem it gets worse over time reducing the bikes performance manly happens at colder temps and then goes away once the bike warms up. The best fix so far has been replacing the vacuum line but it hasn't been proven yet and this problem has a habit of going away and coming back its very random.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
119 Posts
This sounds very much like a problem in another thread, next time it happens lift the tank and disconnect the IAP sensor it's on the right side when sitting on the bike just under the tank. if the problem goes away as soon as you unplug that sensor you most likely have the same problem as this thread
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301833
if it is the same problem it gets worse over time reducing the bikes performance manly happens at colder temps and then goes away once the bike warms up. The best fix so far has been replacing the vacuum line but it hasn't been proven yet and this problem has a habit of going away and coming back its very random.

How much is an IAP sensor?

Thinkin about selling the bike next month, if its cheap enough ill fix it before I sell...

·
Registered
666 Posts
New IAP is just over $200 I think but if its this problem guys have replaced to IAP with 2nd hand and new ones and the problem has come back.
I have even put one of the so called problem IAPs from a guys bike that was having this problem on every cold start in my bike which has never had this problem and it works fine been in almost 2 months now.
The only lasting fix so far has been replacing the Vacuum line which cost all of $12 much cheaper option then the IAP.
Guys also found that if they cleaned the fuel strainer in the tank this helped with the problem but didn't solve it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
New IAP is just over $200 I think but if its this problem guys have replaced to IAP with 2nd hand and new ones and the problem has come back.
I have even put one of the so called problem IAPs from a guys bike that was having this problem on every cold start in my bike which has never had this problem and it works fine been in almost 2 months now.
The only lasting fix so far has been replacing the Vacuum line which cost all of $12 much cheaper option then the IAP.
Guys also found that if they cleaned the fuel strainer in the tank this helped with the problem but didn't solve it.

thanks I was planning on cleaning the fuel filter actually.. just changed the one in my car and couldnt believe how blocked up and restricting flow the used one was... worth doing in any bike after a few years I think...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts