Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Idle higher with clutch out verses in all in neutral

I have a issue on my racebike at least I think its a problem. History on it. Ecu is flashed with a boost smith cable, all those things like pair, O2, SET are disabled. It has a flashed map in it in other words drive more A is all I have. My quickshifter is from same company and works through the gear position switch on the bike which operates a ecu kill on fuel and ign. It's all worked ok for tyre past year. Now when it warms up to operating temp at idle in neutral it idles high at like 1400, pull in the clutch and it drops back to the normal idle range of 1100-1200. It was not doing this before this last weekends races at Nola. Other than that little oddity it runs fine. No codes no FI light.

I can't hook up to it to check the ecu because I had that done by an old friend and we had some differences and that's that. My next step is to order the interface cable like he had from boost smith, download the ecu editor program online and hook up and see if I see any thing out of the ordinary. I need this cable and ability anyway as I would like to reduce my kill time for my quickshifter.

Any idea on what's up with my idle in relation to pulling in my clutch. I've double checked my clutch switch wires and they are hooked up correctly. No vacum leaks.

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A quick disconnect of battery and reconnect seems to have solved the problem. Reboot I guess. Still unsure what caused it. Waiting on my interface cable to arrive then I will access the ecu have a look see.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,720 Posts
It's somehow associated with the ISC and, maybe, what gear the ECM thinks you're in. But I don't have one and can't be more specific than that. As I recall, disconnecting the battery forces an ISC reset.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's somehow associated with the ISC and, maybe, what gear the ECM thinks you're in. But I don't have one and can't be more specific than that. As I recall, disconnecting the battery forces an ISC reset.
Thanks for the input. Could be right. It sure fubar'd my bike. Can't believe I raced it all day Sunday and did as well as I did at a high speed track like Nola. Looking back on it I didn't have the usual wild drive in 3rd gear onto front straight. Passed it off as I think I'm becoming a bad ass on this thing or just the below sea level atmosphere.

Either way I'm glad she is back. I just hope she doesn't get confused again but now I know what to look for. Weird idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts