Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me how to identify an RK head over the standard one? Also the same question for the crank and connecting rods? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
The casting for the head is basically identical to an L but very heavily decked, so far that the valves sit above the surface of the head .. also cam covers are of a different material (magnesium?) they are dark in color as to the normal ones.
Rods should have 27A5 cast into them. Crank i wouldn't know to identify, there probably are some markings on them as well.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The casting for the head is basically identical to an L but very heavily decked, so far that the valves sit above the surface of the head .. also cam covers are of a different material (magnesium?) they are dark in color as to the normal ones.
Rods should have 27A5 cast into them. Crank i wouldn't know to identify, there probably are some markings on them as well.
Thanks for that. I've been looking through an old box of parts and it turns out that most of it is RK stuff. The rods are correctly stamped. I'll take a closer look at the head. I have two different cranks and have no idea what either of them are from, so will continue researching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts