Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i look at the rear section on my bike... it feels like theres too much going on... u guys got n e ideas at all of what i can do to clean it up a bit? im debating on taking off the rear pegs or not i do have a cowl the seat was on cuz i was riding 2up today

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Well, first idea I had spring to mind after looking at your pics is! ... Buy a new bike ...

No just kidding. Yeah taking off your pillion rearsets will clean up the lines a bit, just don't forget to put 'em back on when you put the seat on! :p
I think what would help also is if you remove the rear brake reservoir & black ruber tubing and use a short, small, airtight (must be! and capped off so refillable if needed) piece of clear tubing that's full of fluid instead. That wouldn't stick out behind the left kickplate much if at all. If you want to see what I mean, lemme know and I'll dig out some pics.
Take small steps, see how it looks after doing both of those things and see how you feel..

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, first idea I had spring to mind after looking at your pics is! ... Buy a new bike ...

No just kidding. Yeah taking off your pillion rearsets will clean up the lines a bit, just don't forget to put 'em back on when you put the seat on! :p
I think what would help also is if you remove the rear brake reservoir & black ruber tubing and use a short, small, airtight (must be! and capped off so refillable if needed) piece of clear tubing that's full of fluid instead. That wouldn't stick out behind the left kickplate much if at all. If you want to see what I mean, lemme know and I'll dig out some pics.
Take small steps, see how it looks after doing both of those things and see how you feel..

wouldnt be fun if i just went out and got a new bike... well it would be it wouldnt be mine ya know

yeah our pass pegs r huge! if i took passengers a lot id get some new pegs n see what i can do with those but its not worth it...

so basicly ur saying ditch the res n shit and go with something like a syringe looking tube how much fluid do u think it should be able to hold? it sounds like a good idea if u got pics leme know

also n e ideas for rear turn signals? right now they are in my pegs

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
me, remove pass pegs, either do the brake tip he said, or swap it to the inside of the subframe to hide it. Remove heel gaurd? Unless I crash my heel is nowhere ever near that area.

If it was me, I'd would have preferred to show some subframe rail rather than all that tin. Cut it to match wheel well, if bat box shows, slap a big chunk on solid black stickers to wrap around it. ( cover up, carbonfiber look?) then put a custom fancy lettered DJ sticker on the sides of it or something. Run to hardware store and pick up 3/8 braided steel faucet extentions, cut ends and slip it over your brake line to get rid of the dingy yellow. small clamp on each end to prevent fraying. yes the faucet braided lines are much cheaper than any auto dressup kit.
Except your discount buddy..
And again if it was me and did that slash cut exhaust, i would have rotated it and cut the belly pan plastics and made it face straight down towards road ( dead center underneath, shorter etc.)
About 1 inch to the left of the brake lever peg and down ( where its black/greyish on picture)

oh and whats with the secret nos button on the left controller. ;)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You could mount turn signals where the pegs were, some real dinky ones. Or you could go the good ol' flush mounts onto the tail plastics route.. Or sell your tail light and add some cash for an integrated unit.
I'm still trying to find a good pic of the brake fluid tube thing, thought I had some good ones but now that I want 'em, I can't find 'em for the life of me :hammer

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i think your biggest cosmetic issue is the sheet metal subframe cover. i know that when ditching the stock tail section, you're stuck with some serious electrical issues to hide.
i'll try to get pics of what i did. you can still see the battery box and relays, but most everything else is out of sight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the sheet metal throws it all off, and relocate the rbrake res to the inside if possible

i dont remember how you put the sheet metal on, welded right. in that case get some plastic and flat black fusion paint, cut it to fit over the sheetmetal and drill some small holes to zip or bolt it in place. this may sound strange but it is what i did to cover up some ugly wires on my fighter (kinda just looked around the garage and used my imagination)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i would also suggest finish painting that bastard, and you might have thought about that before you put stickers all over it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'd paint that undertail "adapter", either black or color-match it to your tail. Leave the slash cut alone, if you tuck it too far underneath the bike, you're going to be toasting your rear tire.

+1 on relocating/modifying the reservoir, it looks quite out of place where it is.

Soap and paint will work wonders, too.;) Not just because it NEEDS it, but because it'll give you something else to look at when it's clean and purty. Maybe finish the front end and the polished parts on your frame?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Ummmm..............first pick one color. The grey primer looks nasty. Personally I would powdercoat the frame and swingarm black. That bare aluminum looks a mess, not to mention that sheetmetal subframe.

Easiest thing I would thing to do is just paint it all black.

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
Guy...Guys...Guys...This is D.J. were talking about here!
Polishing? Powdercoating? You speaketh a foreign language.
This here is the KING of improvising!

D.J. I'm thinking a FUR job, diamond plate and some krylon will go a long way!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
16 Participants
poolshark
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing