Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm relatively new to this forum and thought I would ask the Gixxer experts if they had any good ideas on how to update an old GSXR 750 plastic especially the tail section. I was hoping to get a newer style tail say from an 2001 to 2004. Anybody ever do anything like this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jo

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
there are a few people that have done it. Bobbychet can give you some info on doing it. hope that you are ready for some fab work. but it can be done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm up for the fab work and I have an extra sub-frame, Now all I need is the 02,03,04 rear plastic. Anyone have a spare?

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
I have a 01 tail and rear cowl that needs some TLC that I'll sell ya. The 01 subframe will not directly bolt on and the original subframes too wide. I combined the two.But if I do it again I'd make the tail alittle longer. I had to shorten the seat by an inch because of this.Also you have to take into consideration where all the old stuff will fit on the 2001 subframe i.e. Battery, coolant reservoir, rear brake reservoir, ECU etc,etc
I'm currently on the look out for a high mount system and am still having electrical issues
Bobbychet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts