Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best all round combo for city/highway? improved acceleration is preferred but not to the point of popping wheelies at every stoplight and stupendously high revs in 6th just to hold the speed limit on the highway... just wondering if there is something better outside of stock.

ben

------------------
ben :)
http://www.geocities.com/bentang_00/gsxr.html

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Good question. I've got a 43 rear and thought the revs were a little high. Like 5700 at 100kph. Maybe just the car guy in me can't stand hearing high revs at speed yet.....yet. Benjamin. You live in Burnaby or Vancouver?

------------------
keep it rubber side down....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am currently also running a 43 rear, but i have a 14 front. it pulls well at the high end but standing starts is not good

took my bike out for the first real ride and promptly broke the torque arm for the rear brake caliper... sigh. marbod from mc performance came and took a look at it and promptly noted many areas of concern and that i shouldn't ride it... sigh. now i'm waiting for him to come and pick it up. hopefully he'll lend me one of his rr's or the rc30 as a loaner

cosworth i currently am living in burnaby. maybe i should update my profile...hm.

ben

------------------
ben :)
http://www.geocities.com/bentang_00/gsxr.html

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had to go up one in front because of chain clearance probs. But I went up to a 44 in back . The bike is totally stripped and weighs a mere 320 pounds. I weigh 185 and like to ride around town and pull wheelies at will. We don't have many places to open up so a lot of riding is light to light. You need to decide on what type of riding (highway or city) , body weight , riding skill, wheelies or top speed. For street ridin I would go 2 teeth over stock out back, more torque = more wheelies.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts