Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the sort of person that likes doing my own thing, but in a group.

Like motorbike riding, I be by myself on the bike so I get to do my own thing, make my own judgement calls, but frequently there's other bikes with me. As like skydiving, I have my own parachute and do everything I want, but with others around me to consider.

So this past while I've been thinking of learning to do a wee bit of stunt riding, as learning how to wheelie a motorbike (properly) is on my bucket list.

All of this would be carried out in a private car park, that is empty and locked closed at the weekends and night, and I have permission to use it.

I was thinking of picking up a cheap bike, around £1500 - £2000, taking of a few parts that would break if dropped, as i expect it to happen a lot, fit with crash protectors, and have old protective clothing, back/chest protectors, helmet etc that I don't care if they get scuffed and battered.

I was just wondering is a sports bike a good bike for this sort of thing or are naked bikes more suited.

Cheers :)

·
Trackdayjunkie
266 Posts
GSXR600 would suit your needs. But I would not go training alone. In case you crash...

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
We have a specific forum dedicated to stunting...may wanna ask there

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,126 Posts
Motard :thumbup Much easier to throw around, takes less damage when you crash and if you get one with a dry sump engine, there is a much lower risk of it blowing up from oil starvation...

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
Motard or a Motocross bike.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts

·
Rectally Assaulted on a Regular Basis
1,147 Posts
A lot of european guys are going with the smaller CC bikes. there just isn't parts for them in the US so this might be the avenue that you may look at in your case. If you were in the states i would highly recommend a Honda F4i but where you are i would look into a smaller CC bike like the videos posted. Motards are fun stuntbikes but you are really limited on the amount of trickes you can do on them.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts

·
Rectally Assaulted on a Regular Basis
1,147 Posts
^^^^ wrong, F4i's are a lot heaveir bikes expecially with the correct stuntparts and they are no easier than any other sportbike to hit balance point. The reason they are one of the best bikes to learn on is because they are in a sense "bulletproof". you can cart wheel an f4i down the lot pick it up and keep riding. there are tons of parts for them all over the world and parts are cheap.

·
Registered
565 Posts
^^^^ wrong, F4i's are a lot heaveir bikes expecially with the correct stuntparts and they are no easier than any other sportbike to hit balance point. The reason they are one of the best bikes to learn on is because they are in a sense "bulletproof". you can cart wheel an f4i down the lot pick it up and keep riding. there are tons of parts for them all over the world and parts are cheap.
I think it has a dry sump also.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
467 Posts
Honda groms have been becoming the next big stunt bike, since you can bunny hop it and do bmx tricks since its so light

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would look on ebay and get a any beaten up bike cheap under a £1000. So if you crash you won't loss much money
I don't think a 1500-2000 would be classed as a cheap bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
17 Participants
yogibbear
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing