Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone own these? I am wondering how much they will shrink since they are 100% cotton. The size I have now fits me just about perfect but I am wondering if after a wash and dry then they will be too small? I hate to go up two inches bigger for fear they will be too big even after washing/drying. Anyone have any experience with them??

Any other alternatives to leather for summer riding that offers protection?

·
Registered
431 Posts
icon makes leg armor and padded under-shorts, check them out, the leg armor will fit under your regular jeans no prob

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
I just got a pair of the recon jeans and after you said that, I am begining to think mine may be too small. I have yet to wash them but we shall see what happens.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am just looking to minimize rash. I'll wait for blitzergixxer to wash his before cutting tags on mine

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
I am just looking to minimize rash. I'll wait for blitzergixxer to wash his before cutting tags on mine
Gee, thanks. Actually they didn't seem to shrink. Seem to fit a little better actually. Remeber, they are not supposed to be saggy, just be loose.

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
No doubt these will shrink with regular washings!! If anyone needs a pair of shrunken down 34 waists...let me know. I have a pair that has become the victim of cleanliness. These are probably more along the lines of 32-33 now.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
No doubt these will shrink with regular washings!! If anyone needs a pair of shrunken down 34 waists...let me know. I have a pair that has become the victim of cleanliness. These are probably more along the lines of 32-33 now.
Mine didn't shrink.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well a real dilemma now lol I am normally a 33" waist. I ordered the 34" recon pants and they fit just about perfect right now before any washing. I still have all tags attached etc.. I am just debating ordering the 36" ones due to shrinkage but now there are conflicting reports lol. Anyone else want to chime in on experiences with these particular jeans? at 100% cotton shell I can't see how they could not shrink..

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
FWIW, my 34 Draggin Jeans are plenty big in the waist and washing/drying doesn't seem to shrink them.
+1 Well, I have 32...but they have not shrunk at all. I can't say anything bout Icon's jeans though on whether or not they shrink.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts