Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if the icon pants that are like thick jeans are protective at all or will they shread apart easy? in fact, are any of the textile/jean material pants protective or will they all tear apart really easy...?

i'm wondering if leather is the only thing that will hold in a crash

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
You takes your chances when you don't use leather. It resists damage on slides. Jeans will snag and tear, textile will melt. I wouldn't wear anything but leather while riding.

·
Registered
301 Posts
How 'bout some leather pants that aren't "race style"? Suggestions?

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Icon jeans are thicker than regular jeans and have kevlar in the knees. They also have thick seams along the sides which might help some. As for protection, I think they are definitely a step up from regualar jeans. But, don't let them give you a false sense of security -- no jeans will compare to leather pants. How well they will hold up is dependent on a lot of variables, but in general, denim does not last long when sliding against pavement.

If you want to stick with the jeans look, I suggest getting the Icon leg armor to wear underneath. That will give you some impact and abrasion protection for the lower legs. The icon field armor shorts might add some abrasion protection too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

i'll look into it

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Had a friend go down with a pair of the Icon Anthem jeans on a back country road. By looking at the bike, the kid should have died, the only abrasions to his lower torso were to his lower back. No scratches or tears in his legs.....so I bought a pair off ebay for $35 cheaper than retail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts