Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this jacket?

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=2044&id=7918

I think it's awesome but don't have any Icon gear...I read they fit small? My Joe Rocket jacket is a large and fits good and snug...any suggestions as to what size I would need in Icon apparrel? Also...do Icon pants zip into the back of my Joe Rocket jacket? I wasn't sure if this was standard across brands or if it had to be exact style/brand?

Also, if you see these gloves cheaper anywhere (already looked on eBay), please let me know!!

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=2044&id=7930

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
at least 1 size up from Joe Rocket. i have this jacket & i wouldn't recommend it. you might as well not have a jacket on. it's got the thinnest pads I've ever seen in a jacket. i'll sell ya a used 2xl cheap!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
No idea how the hooligan line fits..the Hella line runs really big though, and we found the guys sizes also ran big. BF ended up with a small and I ended up with a medium, and I'm considering getting a small.

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
icon runs weird in general. for the most part, their textile jackets run big, and their leather jackets tend to run small. example: i have the merc textile in an xs and the kitty leather jacket in a m.

icon is pretty decent gear. there are some jackets that have more substantial padding than others, but in my experience the armor is good. all you want to make sure is that it's "CE" approved armor. if you're not comfortable with what's in the jacket, but like the look, you can always replace the armor with something more substantial. but the stitching, fit and durability of icon is good.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at least 1 size up from Joe Rocket. i have this jacket & i wouldn't recommend it. you might as well not have a jacket on. it's got the thinnest pads I've ever seen in a jacket. i'll sell ya a used 2xl cheap!

What's up with the jacket??? I sent you a PM!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts