Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would give my opinion on it since I just received it and rode with it on.

It's a very stylish looking and well made vest. It's small to look at but it is adjustable. It seems like it will be a tight fit for anyone who has a 46 and above chest tough. It's very comfortable and light weight, about 4lbs. I like it because you can wear It under a jacket or wear it without one. I bought it to use without a jacket when it gets extremely hot out. The back armor feels like it will protect well. It has a small reinforced rubber chest protector as well. I'm not very good at writing reviews as you can see. But I would recommend it to anyone who has thought about picking it up. I also picked up a pair of the Icon Pursuit Gloves (Blue). They are a very nice quality glove. I got both from Kneedraggers.com for $133.88 to the door.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I made that this morning before I came to work.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I own the ICON vest as well, got it for $90.

Anyhow I always ride with it on, underneath my suzuki mesh and padded jacket, along with my riding gloves and SHOEI RF1000 helmet....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hmmmm. Maybe I should invest in this.
Wonder if Mike at Heatwave cycles have this.

I think its a good investment, if I go down hard I'd rather have it there to protect my chest and beack than to have nothing at all.

My Suzuki textile jacket has a built in back, elbow, shoulder padding as well, but the Icon vest is additional protection I wear.

I got my Icon vest from Crossbay Honda/suzuki... same place where i bought my Gixxer

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. It is a good investment. Now I need to get the Knee and shin armor

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought ICON's leg armor a couple of months ago and would recommend the product. Fit and finish is very good. No "testing" as of this time, but they are sturdy with a hard plastic outer shell and nicly padded on the inside. I feel they should prvide a good mount of protection should I need it...better than just a pair of jeans anyway. At $50 on imotorcyclestore.com, I feel they were a good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts