Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanna to give you an update on my Zx-10 project.. the 185hp (REAL WORLD TUNED) zx-10 broke 1 record on 1 pass going 197.75mph making the bike the fastest stock piston zx-10 in the country.. the old record was 191mph..

We were fighting an honest 20-25mph headwind which hurt us about 4-5 mph on my zx-10..

also, Icemans 1.5mm (REAL WORLD TUNED) busa broke 2 of 2 records going 209mph.. shattering 1 record of 202 and the other of 207mph..

well be going for a few more records tomorrow including lee shierts all motor record of 200.9mph.. if the wind cooperates we should be able to take that down. ill keep you guys posted..

also, to any of the doubters on the real world tuning.. the proof is in the pudding fellas!! 3 records on 3 passes is saying something..

·
Registered
309 Posts
holy crap that is awesome!

·
Registered
309 Posts
hellz yeah, pics is always good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here are a couple pics.. some of the pics are too large to post and i am on a wireless card. ill post more when we get back.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
booz1k said:
hey we have matching red boxes ...........lol i like em though dont u ?
funny i never knew what those were LOL.. yeah i like the red boxes..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
booz1k said:
so u were riding it at those speeds or was someone else ?
i was not the rider.. iceman who used to be a member here rode it for the race.. hes about 65lbs less than me so as you know power to weight and rider experience is the name of the game.. we went faster on motor then ever 1000 on spray and a faster than a turbo busa just on motor.. its all tuning and rider experience.. so far i have been 193mph in 9/10 of a mile which i could have got that record but we wanted to jack it up so it stays around a bit longer.. LOL

·
Banned
885 Posts
I wonder where all the ppl that were talking shit about that guy are now. I always knew a bike with that kind of power could reach those speeds, it was all over sport rider with their quest to get to 200mph on their zx10 - it had very similar power as well. Kickass job guys.

Although I have to admit the phrase "real world tuning" does sound a little gay.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gixxercrasher22 said:
I wonder where all the ppl that were talking shit about that guy are now. I always knew a bike with that kind of power could reach those speeds, it was all over sport rider with their quest to get to 200mph on their zx10 - it had very similar power as well. Kickass job guys.

Although I have to admit the phrase "real world tuning" does sound a little gay.
yeah im sure they will have somethign to say still.. its hard to swallow your pride on the net and just say congrats.. anyhow, i appreciate the support from you guys so far.. the gixxer is the only other bike that contend the zx-10.. the r1 and cbr cant get within 10mph of the gixxer and 10.. trust me i have a worked 1000rr and its a pig up top.. LOL

as far as the real world tuning it was just to bust some balls.. basically the bike is street tuned on a wideband by one of the best in the country.. nobody can dispute that anymore..

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:cheers CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I believed you. I know iceman has ben 9/10's racing for longer then most of the guys on here have ben riding bikes. It is great to see all of the internet racers proved wrong. :cheers
Where are they now???? :scratch :flipoff :lol
9/10's racing or top speed for that mater is a totally different game then a bike set up for road racing or drag racing. Because a bike set up for road racing with xxxhp does xxxmph does not mean a bike set up and tuned for just top speed can not go faster with the same hp.
A little patting my self on the back today... I stomped out 142.4mph at a 1/8th mile track today and backed it up with a 141.0mph on my turbo 1000.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
The only thing that was ever legitimately questioned (which was also never answered) is exactly how much power the bike is putting out, it was always just a guess. Obviously a bike can reach those speeds, it's not physically impossible........but not a "stock" one in the true sense of it being "stock" (off the showroom). I'm assuming that there still are no hard dyno numbers and the 185# is still a guess?

Street racers leave way too much ambiguity (I understand that it goes with the territory) when it comes to being forthcoming with the level of modification or the actual power output their machine has. I'm not knocking your performance, I just like to know the real deal. But either way, congrats on breaking the records, obviously whatever the constraints are of the class, you were within them and you still won which is certainly admirable.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
It may never have ben dynoed. Dyno numbers are kind of cool, but are not every thing. I had my turbo bike on the dyno when I first built it, but it has never ben on since. I just tune it for now by checking the pipe and plugs. Not a real great map or method of tuning it. I just run it a little on the fat side. This winter I will be putting a data logger on it so I can fine tune it at the track. I may put it on the dyno just to see what it does for the heck of it at 17psi. That is about the highest I have ran it up to so far. The gauge is not that great though. The data logger and ams 1000 will finally tell me what boost I am really running.
I will be building a all motor/nitrous 1000 this winter also. Not meant to be real fast. Mainly a et bike. Turbo bike is for going fast. I will tune it with the data logger also.

·
Banned
5,032 Posts
If real world tuning sounds gay, straight line racing sounds like a giant group felch fest. Are these guys all handicapped or something? Lose their package in an industrial accident? What?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
SPL170db said:
The only thing that was ever legitimately questioned (which was also never answered) is exactly how much power the bike is putting out, it was always just a guess. Obviously a bike can reach those speeds, it's not physically impossible........but not a "stock" one in the true sense of it being "stock" (off the showroom). I'm assuming that there still are no hard dyno numbers and the 185# is still a guess?

Street racers leave way too much ambiguity (I understand that it goes with the territory) when it comes to being forthcoming with the level of modification or the actual power output their machine has. I'm not knocking your performance, I just like to know the real deal. But either way, congrats on breaking the records, obviously whatever the constraints are of the class, you were within them and you still won which is certainly admirable.
all i can say is if we have more than 180-185 hp with just a drop in cam and port work iceman would have to be one of the greatest engine builders or magician of all time.. built 1000's make about 190whp-200 on pump so i would hate to think my bike with just headwork is making those #'s.. i only tuned it on 93 pump on my bike..wait til i build the 3mm when we get back.. the all time fastest record on any 1000 fully built and stroked is 202.xx.. we will crush that unofficial record in maxton in march or maybe today if the wind permits.. i say unofficial cause there is no record class for that bike.. its just a known speed for a built 1000..

also, we offered to anyone to pull the head off both bikes for 500.00 and check. if anyone would like to protest either bike at the race they can. we are willing to pull the heads to settle any doubts..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.