Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what Sprocket set I should buy. What manufacturer is good and what combination should I go with. How many teeth up in the rear and how many down in the front? I am not looking to use this to wheelie. I want better performance and more power at the wheel for the track and street.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I use Afam sprockets and RK gold race chain. +2 in rear should be great if its a 750, or -1, +2 on a 600. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
glad you guys like it. If you have any questions after reading that post up. Then i'll add it into that piece. Trying to make that a one stop shop for chain kits. Main thing is making sure you get hard anodized alum sprockets. Personally I would recommend a +2 front or -1 front in a full 520 to most guys. If you don't use the top end very much then i would do a -1 front and a +2 rear at the same time. either -1 or +2 should be fine for most riders though. Noticeable gain on the bottom end w/o too much loss on the top end.

·
Registered
106 Posts
just out of curiosity why not a -1/+1? You should sticky that right up since a lot of people want to make a sprocket change their first mod.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
what is the stock gearing these newer bikes for the 600/750's?

and yes, -1 is noticeable, but i'd go ahead and do -1 and +1 or +2. its probably been mentioned, but with a stock chain you can do just -1, or just -1+1 or just -1+2 if you want. they'll all fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.