Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be original. THat's what I want.

I installed Monkey Bars on my Haya.

Now I have a problem with the sidemirrors.

The mirror cannot angle low enough for me to be able to properly see behind me. I have to stand up to get the right angle on my side mirrors every time I make a lane change. This has quite obviosly created some problems.

Is there a way to adjust the ball behind it so that it allows the mirror to angle lower? Should I just raise my seat? Should I install a SECOND sidemirror that mirrors the first mirror straight into my line of sight?

I can't decide!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need help.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Raising the seat is good too, use some big ass springs, that way you can remove the rear suspension and save weight, and we all know that stiffening the suspension improves the handling.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why do you need to see behind you anyway? You've already been there. Look where you haven't been yet. Just take them off.

In order to be stylish, when you put "monkey bars" on (ape-hangers), you should also put the fringe on the ends of the bars. Also, these bars require extending and raking the forks.

·
Registered
26,441 Posts
Man just give me a call. I make helmets with mirrors on them. They have little arms that hold the mirrors about a foot away from your helmet. You can adjust for blind spots and rear view. They work great. They look like shit but who cares what people think, right? I sell them for the low price of $20,000. Keep N mind these are one of a kind custom helmets that I make myself. The materials are only found on the top of mount Everest. Very rear. Let me know, I have no call finacing avaiable to Gixxer.com members.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WaynesNside:
Man just give me a call. I make helmets with mirrors on them. They have little arms that hold the mirrors about a foot away from your helmet. <hr></blockquote>

http://new.wavlist.com/movies/032/dumb-boozin.wav

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Haven't you guys seen those rear views for cars that go all the way across the windshield? That ish would be trick with those gorilla bars!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was thinking about mounting the top part of a swivelling bar stool, which would enable you to swing around 360 degrees for an excellent view of traffic. In fact your signal lights could be connected to a bidirectional motor under the stool for automatic rotation. You could then put mirrors on the back of your bike so that you can see where you're going while you are checking behind you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts