Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can a person get to clean up the tail section on a 98 SRAD 750. I like some of the tail kitz, and eliminators. but who makes them for the 98's, that don't require butchering the bike, I want something that bolts up cleanly if possible??

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Originally posted by papasmurf240:
FSMD underails are really nice. And you dont lose any trunk space
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">unless i did mine wrong..i had to cut a shit load of trunk space outta mine

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
In order to clean up the look of the undertail, you cannot avoid chopping the fender unless you want to eliminate your whole trunk.

As far as I know (I "could" be wrong), Fender Eliminator and Undertail Kits require some or a lot of cutting.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I would like to keep the trunk if I can, but I like the clean look to much.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Go to ebay and punch up undertails. There are a few for your bike. I just got one for my 99 gsxr 750.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
papsmurf is wrong..i have a 99 750 and i bought the fsmd undertail and i had to hack my truck...only lost a few inches but it was well worth the loss of space for the look. fsmd makes the best one for our model bike i think, ive seen and installed tons of them and i still like the fsmd..and shyt go all out and get the libertek led tail lights also. looks bad ass!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of making some sort of a undertail for my bike... I dont want to loose the trunk, but hate the look of it now... We will see..

Im not sure yet cause I might have a buyer for the bike...

John

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just my .02,
I did mine by my lonesome, by cutting the fender off under the taillight and then using some flushmount marker lights attached to the sides of the taillight plastic (not the light itself, but the black plastic). I don't know how it is in your area, but I put my license plate all the way under my subframe, so it's sitting against the plastic next to the battery. You can hardly see the plate if you're not looking for it. The cops haven't gotten me yet.

BTW, I lost zero trunk space...it's all there baby!

[ 10-31-2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: georgiangsxr ]

·
Registered
358 Posts
SlicksterGSXR if you want an undertail your best bet is to buy one. The only thing you would need to cut a piece off the bottom part of the undertray but in reality you really dont loose a trunk cause the (New) Undertail covers where you cut so you still have the same size trunk! I have an FSMD Undertail and where you can get from is www.rightontrack.com, speak to Debbie or Mat and tell her that Manny sent you. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Mine was done like Goergiangixxer's, here's a pic.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by Bill:
Mine was done like Goergiangixxer's, here's a pic.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What is that site again. It doesn't come up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts