Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Re: I think I\'m about done!

Looks Sweet, you guys & gals over there must be hating life with all the freaking snow, but just so your aware here in Miami, FL the sun is out and it is a cool 72 Degrees...

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

Originally posted by gunslinger:
I finaly got rid of the last last orange decal!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">definately the way to go!!

looks great!!!

interestd in SRAD's for the tail (in chrome, with black or CF shadows/subtext)??

pm me ifso....

do a search here to see the numerous examples i have posted in the past; many satisfied people too...

·
Registered
6,907 Posts

THat's a fine lookin SRAD!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

I'm with you! I hate the orange colors, but I don't know what to do with the "Rgsx". Is that Chrome on yours? I was thinkin maybe Silver, but that chrome doesn't look bad at all! I Likeeee

[ 12-27-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: outcold ]

·
Registered
178 Posts

Originally posted by outcold:
I'm with you! I hate the orange colors, but I don't know what to do with the "Rgsx". Is that Chrome on yours? I was thinkin maybe Silver, but that chrome doesn't look bad at all! I Likeeee

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can I ask a really stupid question? Why on earth would you lower your bike? Don't you miss that Ground clearance when you are in the twisties, using your bike for what it was made for?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

I lowered my bike because I love to touch the ground at stop signs, And it was one of my best mods so far!
I love it. It feels more stable at high speeds and dives into corners great. I Do use this bike for its intended purpose.....Twisties, straights, wheelies and balls to the wall riding and I haven't had a problem with ground clearance yet so I guess the answer is no.

[ 12-28-2002, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: outcold ]

·
Registered
645 Posts

gosh.. looks good, but you're doing the opposite of what I'm wanting to do when I think of adding teh factory SRAD stickers on my tail. I need to replace the points on the tail stripes too.

·
Registered
219 Posts

I have to agree with outcold, it is much more stable in the twisties, and at high speed. I do not have my front lowered as much as outcold and I do have the rear 12mm higher in the rear but to each his own, looks good outcold.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

Originally posted by bulldog002:
I have to agree with outcold, it is much more stable in the twisties, and at high speed. I do not have my front lowered as much as outcold and I do have the rear 12mm higher in the rear but to each his own, looks good outcold.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you lower it on the front (through the clamp) or rise it at the rear you will turn in much faster in those twisties... ( a steering dampner will help the stability)...

·
Registered
219 Posts

I also have an Ohlins dampner to help the stability,
like outcold said " You would just have to ride it to feel it"
I am sure if I got on your bike I would be saying "what the hell" and vice versa. This is really a mute issue it's just outcolds preference and I happen to agree.

[ 12-29-2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: bulldog002 ]

·
Registered
265 Posts

OMG! That steed is simply gorgeous, GUNSLINGER. Beauty in simplicity. I am not as adverse to the orange as some others posting, but once seeing it absent... WOW! Clean & classy! The chrome RGSX decal is amazing for the entry, and in concert with those oval flush mount blinkers that have an almost blue hue... absolutely stunning! Did you do all the polishing? If so, what would I need to do the same?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts