Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have lost it...
here is the deal I am moding my new tail section(tlr1000) to fit my modded frame (92 1127w/ 89 750 swing arm) and I am going to have a custom made from billet bottom end shock linkage made to fit a showa srad 750 race shock 300$ for the billet piece what the fuck is wrong with me?
Karl...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not to give you more headaches but are you taking into account how that modded linkage is going to affect your handling? There's all sorts of voodoo hand waving going into designing those linkages and just making one end a little shorter could seriously mess with your handling. I'm not completely clear where you're having interference with your current setup but you might think about trying to mod the swingarm or frame mount before you start changing those lever ratios. And for $300 you've not too far from a new Fox or a used Ohlins/Penske (or a new swingarm even).

Matt

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Voodoo Shmoodoo...kill an earthworm, recite your phone number in reverse and ...umm, nope, er... wait a minute. That's how to get rid of mother-in-laws. He's right. better play it safe and not do the metal shop experiment. It might work, but what if it doesn't...at 130mph???

I wouldn't even want to video that.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new piece is just going to allow for the two inch taller showa shock, a new fox is in the 'hood of 540$
Karl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts