Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watch the personal trainers at my gym and wonder why anyone pays to see them. I am sure there are good ones out there but these guys have middle aged fat people working their abs. :wtf The ones that have their clients lift do low controled reps. I saw a trainer today having a guy do slow controlled 30lb leg extensions and 5lb overhead presses. They finished the workout and never have a bead of sweat on their brow.

They waste their clients time - they are never going to see results and the trainers text and b.s. with other people while their clients workout.

Just frustrating to see these people that are there to change their physiques and their trainers dick them around. The clients usually stick with it for 2 weeks and then I never see them again.

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
A company called "Custom Built" is sub contracted through my gym and offer trainers. However MOST are not certified. Custom Built pays "X" amount for non certified trainers and "X higher amount" to those whom are certified. The fucked up part is...if your a client you end up paying the same price for a certified or non certified/non experienced trainer.

The trainers at my gym are terrible, they do not pay attention to clients nor give the proper advice for there personal goals or take attention to any physical issues the client might have.

I have often wanted to interupt and give my sound advice (I'm WITS certified) and have been training for 9 years.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Most of the time, they are hired so the Gym can offer "We have personal trainers"
And its a way to bring in some extra $$$$$

Overall, a majority know how to work out.
But, for the most part they are more for motivation.

"Come on Push, you can do it"
"Give me 10 more reps you pussy"
"Where were you yesterday, You were supposed to be doing back and bi's"
"Now you have to twice as much today, or your gonna be fat"

In the end you can save your money, and just motivate yourself by knowing if you put in the time and eat healthy, you WILL See results. :punk

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
If you want to help people become a physical therapist. Helping someone go from wheel chair to crutches to walking to jogging. I think its a lot more rewarding that sitting there screaming at a fat guy for 3 more push-ups

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
You have to remember they deal with people of all types. If someone is just starting out then many don't want to push them too hard too fast as they won't like the doms the next few days and it might make them quit.

I know my brother was training someone who looked like an idiot in the gym, but he was working with someone who had a disease that attacked his nervous system. Not all trainers are great, but most have to taper it all around the clients wants and needs and many don't want to work hard and some just can't for medical reasons.

I watch the personal trainers at my gym and wonder why anyone pays to see them. I am sure there are good ones out there but these guys have middle aged fat people working their abs. :wtf The ones that have their clients lift do low controled reps. I saw a trainer today having a guy do slow controlled 30lb leg extensions and 5lb overhead presses. They finished the workout and never have a bead of sweat on their brow.

They waste their clients time - they are never going to see results and the trainers text and b.s. with other people while their clients workout.

Just frustrating to see these people that are there to change their physiques and their trainers dick them around. The clients usually stick with it for 2 weeks and then I never see them again.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm - How do you get into PT? They aren't doctors... Hmm - I could see that being very rewarding.

I was thinking of training as a hobby. Train them when I am working out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hmmm - How do you get into PT? They aren't doctors... Hmm - I could see that being very rewarding.

I was thinking of training as a hobby. Train them when I am working out.
My friend down the street is PT. I do know he does have a masters degree of some sort... and Rewarding? I know he makes a good bit more than I do... and can find a job anywhere within a matter of weeks.

I am signing up for a personal trainer on friday. I hope I dont get someone who isnt qualified. I really need a routine, and someone to make sure I lift properly. That and a bum knee to work around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
slow-90lx
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing