Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swore I\'d never polish rims again...

... so i didn't
what do you guys think of the gold... I stripped my silver paint off and re-painted them tonight. I also forgot to open the dore and I nearly passed out at one point from the fumes...
I really like it, and it's a nice change for the season... and if the paint chips then I'll just have them powdercoated. This was mainly to see how I liked the color...

I also made the rear chainguard by chopping a stocker up... it turned out pretty sweet

so how do we post pics now? I'm not getting an uploader so I had to host them on a buddies site...
the [image] tags don't work either

http://www.buildingsupplies.ca/images/temp_pictures/wheels0.JPG

http://www.buildingsupplies.ca/images/temp_pictures/wheels1.JPG

http://www.buildingsupplies.ca/images/temp_pictures/wheels2.JPG

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Re: I swore I\'d never polish rims again...

Fuck I love you bike...makes me miss my SRAD....but yours is a SRAD and then some
Looks bloody brilliant.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts

Chrome is cool but polishing has more of a personal touch. Mainly because everyone knows if they see polished rims on your ride they know you blew black boogey's for days.

·
Registered
344 Posts

I think the silver or polished rims suit your bike better. You had the entire thing going in silver and black. There's nothing else gold on your bike, so it kinda looks out of place. Nice bike nonetheless.

·
Registered
119 Posts

That's one of the colors I'm toying with for my wheels but I want the gold to look a bit brighter.
Is the gold the same shade as the gold you get on Dymags or Ducati etc? Thats the shade I want. You know you gotta get the gold six pots to match now don't you
Why didn't you have your rims powder coated to give that polished looked?

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

wheels look pimp,, but im still waiting on that chopped can
it's still in the works... but when i take the strap off it's all marked up so I can't just chop it and move it down... I have to think of somehting else so it still looks good, and this was also a test to see how gold would look cuz I am gonna start to save up for some gold aluminum Y-10 spokes, it'll take a while though, but i want them!!!

And for all you guys that don't like the gold... don't worry, I'm still gonna have the rims polished when I get the $ to blow on it cuz there is no way I'm doing it myself. I HATE sanding down cast aluminum!, i'm just gonna have some fun with this gold 1st

·
Registered
644 Posts

Looks pretty nice! I wish the srad I own looked like that...sadly...it doesn't.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts