Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who doesnt dig my new forktube gold accent kit, complete with brandings.........

(notice the reflection of the banner suzuki graphics!!)

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i made it.............(well, helped on it)

im testing it now to see if itll peel off at speeds, or with time, but plan to offer em to anyone interested.....

how did you paint the rough frame parts???

and with what??

[ 08-29-2002, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can you explain to me little more specifically what is it? Weather its a sticker or painted or what? I am interested. Let me know thanks

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by GSXRLightning:
Can you explain to me little more specifically what is it? Weather its a sticker or painted or what? I am interested. Let me know thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ITSA CUSTOM vinyl performance graphic, cut to overlay certain sections of your fork tube assembly. The SHOWA text is the same, but seperate.........

sorry for the lousy pix, froma lousy camera....

sms

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
...nice!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by GSXRLightning:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ITSA CUSTOM vinyl performance graphic, cut to overlay certain sections of your fork tube assembly. The SHOWA text is the same, but seperate.........

sorry for the lousy pix, froma lousy camera....

sms
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Let me know if it still sticks at high speeds cause if it does I will take 2, thank you very much. Let me know. Does it completely go around the bottom boot or it only covers one side of the boot? Thanks

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Hammer 4:
Looks good Scott...Now, when in blazes are ya gonna switch the brake lines to SS types..?????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HAMMY......i guess i kinda deserve the ribbing for it, but honestly, i have no complaints about my stoppers....at all

and moreso, im too leary to try-n-learn howto do the swap out...

any advice??

sms

btw2----they wrap around 70% of the tube......so ya need to clean the heck out them before applying.....

[ 08-29-2002, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Hammer 4:
Looks good Scott...Now, when in blazes are ya gonna switch the brake lines to SS types..?????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HAMMY......i guess i kinda deserve the ribbing for it, but honestly, i have no complaints about my stoppers....at all

and moreso, im too leary to try-n-learn howto do the swap out...

any advice??

sms

btw2----they wrap around 70% of the tube......so ya need to clean the heck out them before applying.....
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wish I could offer some..my bike came with them..and my ol 600, I had Hammy Boys swap em out..John needs to get in here..he's done ton's of em...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
SS lines are easy... You have to pump (or suck) all the fluid out of the lines... Then you need like 6 rags... Unbolt the stock lines, and push the rag into the hole were the bolt used to be (you dont want brake fluid to get on ANYTHING). Then you unbolt all the fittings that hold the stock lines. Take the new SS lines and put the end with the bend on it at the wheel... Use a crush washer on each side of the bango fitting. The longer of the two lines goes to the left side of the bike. Then at the master cyl you want to use 3 crush washers, one on each end of the two bango fittings and one in the center of the two...

Set all the bolts to the stock torque setting per the book... Then fill the brakes back up and bleed the hell out of them... Use Motul RBF600 or if you are a hard on the brakes a lot you can use Motul 5.1

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts