Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for that rubber wedge that slips into the frt of the gas tank.....That then slips over the frame section.........

Does anyone have one laying around?

If not, where should i look to buy one....

·
3,482 Posts
I'd buy a new one at the local dealer if nobody here has one, can't cost too much.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Gotta agree with Fastcat on this:

I assume you are speaking of the side fairing mount grommets, on the tank?

They are .97(cents) from Ronayers... Might as well get whole set while you are getting em.

7.00$ shipping.

·
3,482 Posts
That sucks. My local dealer is pretty good, and I always order small stuff from them and let them pay shipping.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by 341:
Jacki, which dealer is it that sucks? Troy341
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The one I had in mind is Tacoma powersports... or motorsports, or whatever their name is... the Suzuki Dealer on center St. There's not really anything wrong with the dealership... except I hafta wait just as long for them to order parts and it costs me more than ronayers.com ...I never bought a bike from them, so it's unfair of me to come right out and slam `em like that... I'm just biased against dealers ...it works out well enough... they don't wanna waste time looking up numbers and ordering parts for my relic when they can be selling new bikes anyway. But that's just dealers in general. I have three shops within 20 minutes of me that are great: puget sound, cycle gear, and sb motorsports. None of them are factory dealers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bevan.........Nope!!!!!

Picture lifting your gas tank off.......the last part of the tank thats conmnected to the frame....Inside that metal brkt, is a rubber piece that is supposed to be glued to the frame....

Thats the piece i need........Cant be to hard to get, ....I think?

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I think I have one somewhere...I'll try to look tonight but I still have not found the 88 750 tach I promised someone I'd look for. I really need to clean the garage...
Tip for you, When you install it turn it so that the thicker side is up (factory is down) then use a couple of washers under the rear bolts to space the whole tank up about 8mm. Give clearance for the throttle cables when you do a 7-11 conversion.
Bones

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bones........that would be great. Please keep me posted!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 341:
Jacki, which dealer is it that sucks? Troy341
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">they don't wanna waste time looking up numbers and ordering parts for my relic when they can be selling new bikes anyway. But that's just dealers in general. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Jacki,

Dealers actually make the majority of their money on parts and service. Margins aren't all that big on most retail bike sales. If the parts guys can't be bothered to look up some parts for you, they are missing the boat, and a big chunk of what pays their wages.

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Jacki, I know that it isn't real close, but the guys at Eastside Motosports are great. I am biased because the sponsored me, but the are really good to work with. Troy341

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
I have one $5 plus shipping..let me know I have lots of hard to find GSXR parts 88-92..
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts