Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the color/paint codes for a '99 GSXR 600, yellow? I have some touch up to do and I was hoping someone around here would be able to help me out. Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your best bet is to take a piece of the fairing to your local auto body paint supply (call first to find out if they match colors, not all do) and have it matched usally cost about $80 a quart, which is more than enough to touch up your bike several times. Most suppliers will not mix less than a quart for a color match. I also have a call in to my vendor to see if he has a formula, if he does you only have to buy the paint and not pay for the match, although it may still need to be "tinted" for an exact match. I'll post it after I hear back from him.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yea I work at a body shop we use all PPG products they dont match any bike colors for some reason. Your best bet is to find a auto parts store or a body shop that does color matches with a digital camera and a computer. I had to match my pearl white on my gixxer by hand it took a few hours to get it right but it worked. And I mixed a unreduced quart so I got plenty of paint for if I need it again =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts