Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 gsxr 750 and cant find a service manual i want to know the exact amount of oil i put and what kind any help would be gladly appreciated

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I have a 2009 gsxr 750 and cant find a service manual i want to know the exact amount of oil i put and what kind any help would be gladly appreciated
Just so you know, the oil capacity is stamped on the clutch cover of the bike. Should say 2100ml, 2200ml, 2800ml, etc...

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Just so you know, the oil capacity is stamped on the clutch cover of the bike. Should say 2100ml, 2200ml, 2800ml, etc...
The manual states it,but is that with or without a filter change?:biggrin

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
The correct amount of oil is enough but not too much.

The specified capacities are only so you know how much to buy. In real life, always measure how much is in there, in case of motor oil it should be between the upper and lower marks on the sight glass with the bike upright on flat ground. The same goes for all other fluids in the bike - unless the part you are refilling is torn completely down and cleaned until it's dry, there will always be a little bit of old fluid left and if you just blindly fill in the "specified amount", chances are you'll overfill.

·
----------------
1,761 Posts
The correct amount of oil is enough but not too much.

The specified capacities are only so you know how much to buy. In real life, always measure how much is in there, in case of motor oil it should be between the upper and lower marks on the sight glass with the bike upright on flat ground. The same goes for all other fluids in the bike - unless the part you are refilling is torn completely down and cleaned until it's dry, there will always be a little bit of old fluid left and if you just blindly fill in the "specified amount", chances are you'll overfill.
+1

I keep empty containers on hand for the used oil. However much drained out is the amount you put back in. Then check the level to verify. (Of course this is assuming the motor had the correct amount of oil to start with)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it to be 2.6 exact thanks guys and i didnt know that about the clutch cover thats a nifty thing to know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts