Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone point me in the right direction, ive tried playin around with the suspension alittle bit and it still doesnt seem quite right. at first it will be alittle to hard and then ill loosen it up and it will seem to soft. could someone let me know wat the best settings may be or at least point me in the right direction. fully geared I'm probably around 165lbs or so and lately ive had my girlfriend on back who's prob around 125lbs fully geared. thanks

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
I would change fork oil and refill nitrogen in the rear shock, before starting any adjustments.

After you do that set the sag

Then you can mess with comp and rebound.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Same here....couldn't tell ya anything on that one....is there a local performance shop around that can help you dial in the settings with you there?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Definately have a shop helpyou set the sag if you can't do it yourself. Properly done it makes all the difference in the world. When your girlfriend rides with you you'll need a drastically different setup. With her you'll probably have to max out the rear preload and really firm up the damping. I'm not sure about the front since I've never done a 2 person setup. You'll just have to go take some measurements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts