Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a working alternator thats compatible with a 92' GSXR 600W.I need one asap,someones gotta have one layin around somewhere right!?Dealer quoted me $600
for a new one
thats not gonna happen..

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
i had one but gave it to the guy that bought my bike. i'll see if i cant find his info, and give it to you.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
What is one worth? I think that I have an extra, I'll check today.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer quoted me $600,and ive seen them go on ebay for around 50 bucks.Why the hell do our parts costs so much new?Id appreciate it if you could find that alternator for me tuner,PM me if you do.Thanks -

·
Registered
583 Posts
If Tuner doesnt have one, ill see if i can dig one up. Keep us posted.
92-93 600, 93-95 750, and i would imagine that the WC 1100s are the same

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gixxergofast sounds right on the list of compatible alternators,im not too familiar with the 1100 motor though..so im not sure on that.as of now I still have no alternator and im just charging my bike overnight on a 2AMP charger that works alright for about 15-20 miles,its like having an electric scooter.. headlights drain the battery too fast so I just ride in the daytime with the hi-beam fuse out so I can switch the lights on & off,then when it starts to die i get bad hesitation from the motor past about 6K rpm,then i know i have about 2 miles left of power left.LMK if anyone can help me out...thanks for all the help so far.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
an alts an alt....take it a alt rebuild shop for 50 bucks. There's only a couple parts that can go bad(aside from the moving parts)....either a short/open in the coils of wire, or a bad diode/short-open in the rectifier part of it.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
theres a alt. on ebay for buy it now 49.99 right now I've been waitin to get the cash up for it I got the same problem you got. but hmm I can ride for hours off the battery with several restarts but I got a off switch for my headlights also.
I patched a off switch on the handle bar so I can run low beams if I switch it on. but high beams I got to flip the switch , and then flip the high beam switch. I did this incase I see a cop I can turn it on quickly. but most the time I ride with it off
G/L

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I don't know how to post links any ways its on ebay just type GSXR alternator in the search

1 - 20 of 20 Posts