Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok with the engine off! If I put my bike in gear and then pull the clutch lever in and try to move the bike it's very difficult. I normally park my bike in gear and if need be pull the clutch lever in and push the bike to where I need to. With this new bike it's very hard to push anyone else have this problem? Is this normal with the slipper clutch?

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Ok with the engine off! If I put my bike in gear and then pull the clutch lever in and try to move the bike it's very difficult. I normally park my bike in gear and if need be pull the clutch lever in and push the bike to where I need to. With this new bike it's very hard to push anyone else have this problem? Is this normal with the slipper clutch?
Of course the bike will be harder to push when your in gear, even with the clutch engaged. Your moving the entire transmission when it's in gear and the clutch isn't going to release the transmission side of the clutch like neutral does. Gears still move regardless of the clutch if your not in neutral. Release the clutch in gear and then you have the engine to deal with.

Clutch wouldn't be the problem here. Be sure your in neutral.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes sense to me...but I just noticed that its much harder to push around like this than my K3 was but they are different bikes. Thanks for the info.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Are there any shifting issues? Particularly any reluctance to downshift in the lower gears.
The K5 gearbox is superb! Smooth as silk without any of the annoyances I had in my K2 750. No miss shifts or gear drops except for one and that was my fault. Another way to describe it is a hot knife thru butter and very consistent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.