·
2 > 4
371 Posts
First red flag: Price
Second red flag: They don't use OEM color codes
Third red flag: They use the word "cuz" in their description
Fourth red flag: The seller only has 14 feedbacks
Fifth red flag: Shouldn't be needed.

I wont tell you how to spend your money, but I would definitely NOT buy that set.

:cheers

Attachments

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First red flag: Price
Second red flag: They don't use OEM color codes
Third red flag: They use the word "cuz" in their description
Fourth red flag: The seller only has 14 feedbacks
Fifth red flag: Shouldn't be needed.

I wont tell you how to spend your money, but I would definitely NOT buy that set.

:cheers
Right

At that price, I don't expect OEM colors, just cuz :grin2:

I sent several questions to the seller. We'll see if they answer and what it says.
I haven't bought any yet, still making 100% sure I'm rebuilding one of my bikes.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,717 Posts
I currently have my rear fender cover, 63112-41G00, off and observe numerous cracking in the vicinity of the holes where the rear lower fender cover mounts (I have a fender eliminator installed there in its place). The part is marked ABS but it seems much more brittle than other ABS parts. I wonder if they'd sell me just the fender cover and if it would be more flexible than the OEM part. It seems like a relatively simple part where they hopefully could match the OEM fit. Or am I dreaming?

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have my rear fender cover, 63112-41G00, off and observe numerous cracking in the vicinity of the holes where the rear lower fender cover mounts (I have a fender eliminator installed there in its place). The part is marked ABS but it seems much more brittle than other ABS parts. I wonder if they'd sell me just the fender cover and if it would be more flexible than the OEM part. It seems like a relatively simple part where they hopefully could match the OEM fit. Or am I dreaming?
Well Bill, if you're asking the OP/and you're serious, the fuitcake in me would say,
Why not call them or email them about it?

:grin2:

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,717 Posts
^Was hoping than someone else here had done it and would comment about the tendency of the OEM part to crack and/or the fit of that part with an OEM seat tail cover. Ebay listings suggest that cracking/breaking is fairly common.

Didn't see a phone number for the OP listing and 14 feedbacks is worrisome. An Auctmarts kit is almost the same price. They have a San Antonio phone # as well as chat. But I'd like to be serious before contacting them.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
I'm not sure how relevant this is, but after replacing the fairings on my old CBR400RR with a chinese aftermarket set, the only serious issue I've had (apart from them not lining up very well, or fading in sunlight), was that the front fender soon (as in, after a year or so) broke in half. The part was much more thin and flexible than the OEM part, which had suvived for nearly 20 years intact by that time, and which provided at least a couple of years of further service, after I put it back on. I suspect the flexibility allowed it to flap significantly against the wind current, until it cracked due to fatigue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've twice used Chinese bodykits on a friend's GSXR600 (he falls off a lot...)
Nothing at all wrong with the quality.
In fact, for the price, pretty astounding.
Nothing needed drilled, everything went together fine.
I'd say the gaps between the side fairing panels and the nose cone weren't quite as tight as OEM, but that was it.
Put it this way, I think anyone buying the bike would be hard pushed to tell it wasn't proper Suzuki stuff.
Both kits were only around GBP350 delivered.
So a great way to get back on the road cheaply, or just if you fancy a different colour scheme (tank obviously needs painted)

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts