Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so Ive put about 200 miles on my new 600 and my friend and I were cruising back on a frontage road becuase Im comfortable on the freeway. well while on the frontage road going about 60 or so Im following failry far behind and boom small deer runs infront of me(its about 11:45pm pitch black). I had almost NO time to do anything so *WHAM* bike starts to jerk left and right hard and im laying across still holding the handlebars. I somehow manage to pull myself onto the bike and regain control. I flash my friend down and we pull into a gas station to asses the damage.

No pictures were taken guys sorry

well nothing is broken or damaged that i can see right now. Im still gonna take it to the shop and have the guys take a look at it. only damage is to my knee, hurts like i hit a wall. and a ton of deer shit splattered all over the front of the bike with a little bit of hair stuck to the rim. it was my own fault for riding at night and on a road that has deer (i know it has deer now)

I am lucky. So lucky. people dont take anything for granted. tell your family you love them. because some things cant be avoided and what u say last just might be the last thing you say to them. Im not trying to preach or bring anyone down, but I had my first real big scare and I am lucky to be unhurt.

Neil

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Wow, glad to hear you are Ok and the bike seems good to go as well. The thought of running into deer and other animals scares the crap out of me. I very rarely ride at night, not saying it can't happen in the day but seems night it happens more.

·
My name is Meyer dammit!!
24,678 Posts
WOW. I have some close calls but never hit one of those bastards. Glad your good man.

·
Banned
3,512 Posts
Blakester said:
Glad to hear you saved it. Damn Bambi running out in the road. I almost hit a cow one time and it scared the shit out of me...:eek:
a cow? god damn that would leave a mark lol. glad to hear your ok bro and so is the bike. hey i love deer hunting, but haven't gotten one yet. i'm down to meet up and shoot some deer.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
no a cow is nothing compared to a huge moose. There are alot of moose where i live in surrounding areas... that stand taller then your cars. If you hit one of them you would have to be very very lucky to live. Alot of people die even hitting them in their car. the moose will come right through the front windshield and crush the top of the car in. Then if they are still jerking and kicking they have been known to kick people in the head and kill them.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Markopolian said:
no a cow is nothing compared to a huge moose. There are alot of moose where i live in surrounding areas... that stand taller then your cars. If you hit one of them you would have to be very very lucky to live. Alot of people die even hitting them in their car. the moose will come right through the front windshield and crush the top of the car in. Then if they are still jerking and kicking they have been known to kick people in the head and kill them.

Oh yeah, you ever hit a Rhino on a bike? Me neither but that would top a moose..LOL

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Blakester said:
Glad to hear you saved it. Damn Bambi running out in the road. I almost hit a cow one time and it scared the shit out of me...:eek:
HOLY SHIT! I use to see people's cars along the road out here that had the front end in the cab. Found out later that they had all hit cows that had gotten past the fences and all died.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
ez2remember82 said:
Glad to hear you're okay. That's why I always give the girl and kid a kiss and tell them I love them before I head out.
Glad your still here to talk about it.
+1 I always tell the wife and kids I love them before heading out you never know.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Damn buddy you're very fortunate to get away from that one without going down, it woulda been WAY worse than just a fucked up knee if you fell off....But don't beat yourself up over it, you said it was your own fault, but it really wasn't, deer can be anywhere at any time, the other day 2 of them darted across the highway at about 3:30PM, bright as hell outside, it can happen to anyone, good luck with your knee and getting your bike back in good order:cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
someone i know from another forum hit a small sized deer in the local national park and absolutely obliterated his bike, not to mention he was mildly bent & bruised himself. oh and the deer was definately dead and across the road & mixed with bits of broken bike from what i've been told.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.