Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The install definetly has it's work cut out. You have to remove the front rim bearings and install the spacer from the stock 99 rim due to the fact that the space between the bearings is less on the 2k+ rims. Then you have to custom make some 1.5ish millimeter shims to install before each bearing to prevent the rim shifting under load. That definetly takes time and a lot of measurements to get right!!!
The rotors are closer together by about 1mm, therefore I didn't bother shimming the calipers, I just bled them out and re-pumped the handle to set the pads on the rotors and allowed the calipers to compromise for the offset. If it looks like it'll be a problem, which I doubt it will, then I'll deal with it...

the rear rim was easier. I just had to make one spacer by modifying a 99 spacer to fit between the brake caliper mount and the rear bearing. My rear wave rotor bolted up the the 2k1 rim without any problems and everything (chain, brakes) lines up 100%.

I will have to get a 44 tooth sprocket eventually to go back to stock gearing since the 2k1 hub has a steel 42 tooth... But what I think is best is to save up for a full 520 chain conversion while, which is what I'm gonan do!

weaker my ass... they are newer, therefore superior

That all said, I now have a set of 99 rims (dark spokes, polished lips) with hub (SS sprocket) for sale... I'll post more of that in the For Sale section...

[ 11-29-2002, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: skidmark ]

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
U Da Man

·
Premium Member
11,126 Posts
Originally posted by GIXXERUK:

yeah i can see them
those wheels look tight
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">reminds of the thang they ride in STAR WARS, the death star one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts