Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't stand to wait for a week with no other bidders and have some one snuff it out from under ya' in the last min. "poachers suck"

G

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by roketscience:
can't stand to wait for a week with no other bidders and have some one snuff it out from under ya' in the last min. "poachers suck"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What did they steal from you?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I was going to bid $120 for it
but I had a few patients that I had to take care of...I' just have to order a new fiberglass unit from Beasley for $169

Do you want one too? I can get you their 800 number when I get home.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
It was not me!
I try not to bid in the last hour or two of an auction. I sometimes miss items when they are first posted and do not see them untill the last day. I also try not to bid aginst people that I know. I have waited and even e-mailed before I bid sometimes.
Bones

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
that is because you are respectfull!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So is gsxrfweak69...If you know him, I do...He's just like us all, bid at the last minute to avoid paying too much.

Take a deep, cleansing breath and relax.

Now call Beasley Fiberglass at 1-800-745-5886. Tell them you're a gixxer.com member if you're not an AMA member...$169 for the tailpiece (maybe less)

Didn't you buy an 88 tail for that anyway? Black with a white panel?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wife picked it up, very much willing to part with it. can't do glass no more, I picked up a mint OEM seat / wanted OEM plastic....he still a suck ass.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it would only be one piece for the tail....I did buy the last OEM single made, it is a new seat, cant stand the airtech...just trying to give this bike the best...complete overhaul (pops out 103hp at the rear, yes all stock) bike is ready to ride stem to stern.....minus OEM body....gsxrfish did hook me up with a tank & "I thank him for keeping it real!"

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Well you must rember that it is an auction as well. As e-bay acts as a proxie bidder just figure the MAX that you would pay and enter that if it goes over your max than you have no reason to complain except that you are not going to get the "deal" you wanted. If you are outbid at the last minute they still bid higher than your max bid.
Bones

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
wow, you still missed my point.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The point I'm getting is you don't understand how ebay actually works. I don't use "poaching software" and I get damn near every item I bid on. I just wait 'til the last second and click my bid. Like I said above, I'd have bid $120 for the tail. That might not have got me the part but I wouldn't be pissing and moaning about it. Shit dude, Call Beasley and just buy a fucking new one that will work with that seat you have. You would have had to have painted the ebay one so get a new one and paint it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey, I mistakenly bought some tail section pieces for an '86-'87 that I can't use. PM me if you're interested and maybe we'll work something out!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I may be pissed and I know how e-bay works, and it seems poeple are more pissed about my posting than me getting "poached" and further more I am not buying glass! which is my point! no glass! if I pick up a good tail..I will "give away" the glass tail that was on it plus the custom bolt on brackets...the bike is a labor of love. so JUST LET ME BE PISSED! (p.s. to all the people that e-mailed me, no, the seat it not for sale but I am still looking for an upper and mids and yes a limited tail!) thank you!

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
and this whole time i was under the impression that ebay works on the principle that the bidder who thinks they deserve the item the most gets it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts