Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new Gen 4 G19. Already put the Lone Wolf 3.5 pound trigger connector that brought the trigger pull down to 4.2 pounds from the 5.5. And put a Laserlyte FSL-3 subcompact V3 laser on the rail.

I have put about 100 rounds of 124gr BJHP Remington Golden Saber and about 500 rounds of 124gr FMJ Federal American Eagle through it now with no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice combat Tupperware. How do you like the laser?
I like it. I find myself not using it very often, pretty much for rang use just to make sure it ranged in for 20 feet. I found it was harder to find a carry holster to fit right. But for the use its a great low profile laser for the cost. I paid $99 for it and cant find anything wrong with it. It has two settings sold and pulse and can fit into a nylon holster.

What's the deal on the trigger pull? How much do they sell for?
I didn't like the 5.5 trigger pull on the stock Glock, After checking around I found that for around 20 bucks I could replace the trigger connector and spring and bring the pull down to around 4.2 pounds with the 3.5 pound connector, it makes the trigger more crisp. You can pick one up for around 25 to 30 bucks with new springs. FYI if you replace the connector make sure to upgrade your spring. I didn't and I had trigger reset failures. Rack the slid and the trigger didn't reset. I changed out the spring and have had no problems from that point on.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS157-1.html

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GHT2105-1.html

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
I like it. I find myself not using it very often, pretty much for rang use just to make sure it ranged in for 20 feet. I found it was harder to find a carry holster to fit right. But for the use its a great low profile laser for the cost. I paid $99 for it and cant find anything wrong with it. It has two settings sold and pulse and can fit into a nylon holster.

I didn't like the 5.5 trigger pull on the stock Glock, After checking around I found that for around 20 bucks I could replace the trigger connector and spring and bring the pull down to around 4.2 pounds with the 3.5 pound connector, it makes the trigger more crisp.
Nice. I may have to look into that since it's so inexpensive.:cheers

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure you check into the replacement springs. Most shops can install free if you buy it from them. Not sure what the cost is due to prices being different in different areas. Either way its not hard to replace it at home if you have a working knowledge of hows it put together.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
very nice. i have a glock 21 with a lightened trigger and a lasermax guiderod laser myself. i love it

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the first non Sig or H&K that iv owned in many years, Mostly due to my hands not fitting the Glocks that great. Now that the Gen 4 is adjustable, I thought id give it another try. So far so good. Went to the range again last night and its starting to feel pretty good.

I was one of those that said didnt think Glocks were that safe. Old school thinking of hammerless with trigger safty cant be good.

I am finding that I was wrong. After doing draw drills from cc holster, I think im starting to really like the design.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The "awesome" Glock gen 4 has been recalled for a spring issue, might want to make sure you check to see if it needs to be replaced.

New springs should be stamped accordingly:

G22,31,35&37 - 0-1-4
G17/34 0-2-4
G23/32 0-3-3
G19 0-4-3
G17T 0-5-2
G21 0-7-2

Code should be read from left to right to the bottom.

Personally I love my M&P

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Id stay away from the brass jacket golden saber.

I had a box, and I noticed after chambering a round, it would come out slightly shorter than the rest. This was in a Taurus MilPro, but regardless, that is some shitty quality control right there. NO way a bullet should sink into its case just from chambering.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The "awesome" Glock gen 4 has been recalled for a spring issue, might want to make sure you check to see if it needs to be replaced.

New springs should be stamped accordingly:

G22,31,35&37 - 0-1-4
G17/34 0-2-4
G23/32 0-3-3
G19 0-4-3
G17T 0-5-2
G21 0-7-2

Code should be read from left to right to the bottom.

Personally I love my M&P

Mine is a newer model, and came with new springs. As of now, I have put close to 1500 rounds through it and not had a single problem. It just keeps rocking on and on. Even with rapid fire and quick target acquisition drills, not one problem as of yet. :cheers

·
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as i
2,290 Posts
Ditch the cheap laser so you can use a quality holster. Nylon holster... seriously?? A nylon holster will never conceal as well as quality leather or Kydex.

If you must have a laser, (which sounds ridiculous), at least get a Crimson Trace integral guide rod or the one that goes around the grip. Neither limit you to cheap holsters, the pistol will fit in any and all holsters made for the model if you go that route.

And don't listen to the M&P whiners, they're still mad that their gun, the copycat of the Glock, still doesn't have the same stellar reputation as Glock does. Oooooh, a spring malfunction. One "issue" since the companies' inception. How Earth shattering.

And yes, before some smugmug wants to pick apart my copycat statement, I do know HK made the first polymer pistol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts