Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
False argument I'm afraid, you don't get stuck in traffic on a motorbike so around town it's faster than any Ferrari.

When you get out on the twisty single lane roads you can pass whole queues of cars without a problem - even the fastest sports car can't do this!
You clearly have never been around fast cars.

Hypothetical scenario here,but: my money would be on a modern Ferrari driven by a skilled pilot vs any bike in the twisties. Those cars handle amazing and have a tremendous traction advantage once the road gets tight.:cheers
Not hypothetical at all.

• Cornering: I've chased my buddy in various cars (BMW M5, Cadillac CTS-V etc...) in the twisties up north. A well set-up car with Pirelli Zeros or comparable rubber is no laughing matter at all. I parked my bike and let him chauffeur me through the same lines and I was pant-shitting scared. I did not know 4000lb cars went around corners like that. I can only imagine a lighter exotic with comparable running gear.
  • Straight line acceleration: On a long slab trip, I once played peek-a-boo for 10-15 minutes on my k6 1000 with some dude in a big fast AMG Merc. I tried dropping a couple of gears. I looked silly. I tried all the way down in 2nd and even then, it was really a matter of who got the jump first.
  • Off the line: With 500-600 hp motors being common, big fat sticky rubber and launch control, all a car driver has to do is push the gas pedal and steer to achieve <4 second 0-60 times. Most literbike riders who don't practice launches will be made to look silly.
So yeah, a 600 SS will definitely mop the floor with the vast majority of cars. However, any rider who thinks he can pull up beside a modern high end sports car (or even some tuned-ricers) and think it's going to be a slaughter (even on a literbike) is deluding himself.

I would never bet on the outcome of a race between a car and a bike, with the possible exception of one of OG's insane turbo bikes that still wheelie at 180+ mph.... and even then, only from a rolling start on an interstate or salt-flats type of 'course'.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My original point was not that the bike is faster around a track, but that in the real world with traffic you always get stuck in a car. Clearly non Califorina bikers sit in traffic too but that's not the case in Europe.

That said, even on my 100 BHP Thundercat I was never once outrun by a car away from the lights... but I certainly wouldn't be a good enough rider to corner at the same speed as a real sports car - I'd just back off and wait until he hit a queue and roll right past him;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
My original point was not that the bike is faster around a track, but that in the real world with traffic you always get stuck in a car. Clearly non Califorina bikers sit in traffic too but that's not the case in Europe.

That said, even on my 100 BHP Thundercat I was never once outrun by a car away from the lights... but I certainly wouldn't be a good enough rider to corner at the same speed as a real sports car - I'd just back off and wait until he hit a queue and roll right past him;)
Poor horsy...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Poor horsy...
:giggle

You guys are just jealous you have to sit in traffic on your bikes >:)

I used to have a fairly fast car a long time ago, but I wouldn't buy one again as they are just pointless with the number of cars on the road today. Heck I could get to work faster on a 50cc than I would in a Ferrari!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I'd rather be late for work and sitting in traffic behind the wheel of a $300,000 F-car though lol.

What time is the bbq,I'm on my way :biggrin

·
Wait,how do I go around corners again???
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just thought I'd update every one that I'm still loving my GSXS. Got over 40,000 kms on it now and took it all over the place. Even took a week long touring trip to the cabot trail. That was some good riding there. I regularly do 1000+ kms days on it, which I couldn't when I had a gixxer. This bike does everything a super sport does, but with added comfort. When I go on group rides I never have trouble keeping up with people on super bikes. The bike has never needed anything except oil changes and new tires. The high torque eats rear tires really fast so I switched to sport touring tires.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Just thought I'd update every one that I'm still loving my GSXS. Got over 40,000 kms on it now and took it all over the place. Even took a week long touring trip to the cabot trail. That was some good riding there. I regularly do 1000+ kms days on it, which I couldn't when I had a gixxer. This bike does everything a super sport does, but with added comfort. When I go on group rides I never have trouble keeping up with people on super bikes. The bike has never needed anything except oil changes and new tires. The high torque eats rear tires really fast so I switched to sport touring tires.
No, it doesn't, as was politely explained to you before

Maybe with you at the controls, the gix is no faster but that's a reflection on you and your friend's unskilled riding, not that your bike is as fast as a gsx-r Jesus. There's a reason you'll never, ever, ever see your general-purpose bike on a racetrack and GSX-Rs abound. :facepalm

I used to keep up to squids on their sportbikes riding my FJR 1300 touring boat. That doesn't mean the big ol' tub of a Yamaha "does everything a supersport does". It just meant that I could outride the squids who don't know wtf they're doing in the turns. Sounds like you and your friends would benefit from some classes and/or trackdays - then you might have a clue.

·
Wait,how do I go around corners again???
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sounds like you're jealous ie skid

LOL

Sure a gsxr-1000 might be faster aroudn a race track (but only with a highly skilled rider) due to its higher peak hp and slightly lower weight. But the GSXS is faster on twisty roads out in the real world, because it has more torque and it makes it down low. It's not a question of skill either, even the most skilled racer can't ride on the street the way he would on the track, due to blind corners, debris on the road, other traffic, etc. Whether a rider is highly skilled or a complete newb or somewhere in between, he will be faster on my bike than on a gsxr on the street.

Also I like how you insult my riding abilities, having never met me. That sounds like something only a slow noob would do. I bet you're slower than molasses.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts

LOL

Sure a gsxr-1000 might be faster aroudn a race track (but only with a highly skilled rider) due to its higher peak hp and slightly lower weight. But the GSXS is faster on twisty roads out in the real world, because it has more torque and it makes it down low. It's not a question of skill either, even the most skilled racer can't ride on the street the way he would on the track, due to blind corners, debris on the road, other traffic, etc. Whether a rider is highly skilled or a complete newb or somewhere in between, he will be faster on my bike than on a gsxr on the street.

Also I like how you insult my riding abilities, having never met me. That sounds like something only a slow noob would do. I bet you're slower than molasses.

Listen, you came here after years to post something irrelevant to this forum, something that is utterly common sense. Why you came here, we don’t know. But, you made a flawed statement and got called out on it. Then you revealed your petulant side when you got cornered and couldn’t just accept that you’re wrong.
Well, let me put it bluntly: you’re wrong, and you’re an idiot if you don’t think you’re wrong. Also, you’re an idiot for talking about “faster on the streets.” This isn’t Fast and the Furious.

·
16,995 Posts
Listen, you came here after years to post something irrelevant to this forum, something that is utterly common sense. Why you came here, we don’t know. But, you made a flawed statement and got called out on it. Then you revealed your petulant side when you got cornered and couldn’t just accept that you’re wrong.
Well, let me put it bluntly: you’re wrong, and you’re an idiot if you don’t think you’re wrong. Also, you’re an idiot for talking about “faster on the streets.” This isn’t Fast and the Furious.
I hear he's the fastest dOOd at Tim Horton's...:thumbup

·
Registered
146 Posts

LOL

WOW!!! Really?! You’re a f’n twat and a moron all in one... I’ve seen skilled riders on 300’s and 600’s over take unskilled riders on 1000’s like it was nothing... On the street and on the track. I myself have not raced on a track yet, mainly because I’ve not got the gear for it nor have gotten my bike to where it needs to be for track riding. But I’ve been to the track many times watching my friends from the pits. Two friends are instructors and amateur sponsored racers. I’ve seen what they can do on a little 300 vs. the newb on the 1000 on the track as well as on the street and it’s amazing what skill and experience can do. I agree with LeSkid and the others here, you’re just an unskilled newb on a different bike that is riding with other newbs that are even more unskilled. Why even come back here bragging, all you’re doing is showing us your manhood size as microscopic as well as your fucking IQ level being that of an amoeba.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
24 Participants
Meeps
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing