Discussion Starter #1
It came a couple of days ago, it sure is pretty

Before

After

·
Registered
418 Posts
Wow...nice!!

What did you have done?? I'd love to have them do mine(balance,etc)...I live close enough to them!!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Ummm...you suck? yeah...that's it. you suck.

The way my week has gone you may still get your RG running before I get mine done.

Don't ask...it happens every night at 3am...like clock work.

I was gonna have APE do my crank but I ran out of money and I didn't want to do the bottom end too.

It shore dew look purty tho

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
OK, so what are you going to put in your motor, since that work of art will be hanging from your mantle???

I have to go with Simon here. Just knowing that my STOCK...read it STOCK crank is still STOCK STOCK STOCK as opposed to fucking Faliconized and the entire engine aspect of the bike has been put off for another year so will remain STOCK longer and therefore drive someone who hates STOCK crazy!!!!!!

Knife Edging on cranks is like Dynojet vs Factory Pro, two differing ways of looking at how to get high perf. At least neither way is STOCK

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't do the knife edge because I went with the heavy supercrank. I talked to a couple of people who use to race the 86 and they told me that taking to much wait off the crank will cause the engine to rev up too fast and loose some torque. At least thats waht they said, I guess I will find out soon enough.

Simon, I am going at the engine a different than you. I figured I would get the bottom end completly worked up so that I would not need to tear it down again. I am going to get the head done when I have a little extra money, I also ran out

I was hopping to have the bike running next weekend but they found pitting in my cylinders. I am going to get them bored and maybe I will be on the road the following weekend.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Ohhh It's so shiny!
Bones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts