Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sooo stoked! My first gixxer! Ahh man all those days spent on my Bandit 400 trying to coax the last little bit out of it are over. I'm glad I started on a smallish bike...I respect the larger ones more than I would have otherwise.

Hey if any of you guys have some extra parts laying around:
So far it's in need of a fuel petcock...mine is just gone.
Rear rotor...mines really grooved....bad.
Possibly a fueltank...it's really rusted on the inside, and I don't know if it'll be usable.
A windshield... I could order a new one if nobody has one.

Other than that, I'm really happy with the bike. I put some fuel into the carb lines and the bike started RIGHT up, and actually idled after a short warmup. My old bandit was always a bitch when it came to starting. I'm really happy with it. I'll post pics a little later.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
You should be able to take care of the fuel tank rust, though it won't necessarily be fun. I seem to recall seeing folks dealing with this problem at a Seattle mc shop, f.ex.

·
Registered
436 Posts
don't use that stuff......it clogs up your carbs!!! i used it ...let it set 3 days(went out of town) then put it on, and rode a while, only to start having carb problems!! guy @ the shop said everyone who uses it has to get their carbs cleaned, and the jets are stopped up because of it, also causes parts in carb to stick!!! If you want to get your tank done right.....take it to a RADIATOR shop, and they can coat the inside with aluminum!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hmmm....I've used it on 4 bikes without a problem. I know several others who have used it without a problem either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A radiator shop? I've never heard of that. I wonder how they coat it with aluminum...some kind of plating technique?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts