Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so if there are any bike mechanics in the hizzy, I have dropped a tool in this mysterious hole on top of my main case. I am in Korea therefore my full accoutrement of tools is locked away somewhere in the Continental U.S. I have ordered a telescoping magnet in hopes that I can retrieve this. However, here is some pictures of the hole it's a 2015 Sportster Iron 883 and the hole is just south of the aft exhaust port in the cylinder. My question is, is this a dead issue, will this fall out on the street, or is this a closed chamber where my tool is safely stored for now? :dunno Thanks in advance if anybody knows stuff.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Hmmmmm:scratch

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't speak for the bike itself, but if you wait until it's dark and stick a thin flashlight(Swivel mounted works well) into the hole you can look for light at other vantage points to verify whether it has a possibility of dropping out or not.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't speak for the bike itself, but if you wait until it's dark and stick a thin flashlight(Swivel mounted works well) into the hole you can look for light at other vantage points to verify whether it has a possibility of dropping out or not.
Ahh good call :cheers I will do that this morning when I get home from work. I hope it's still there I did go ahead and ride it because of necessity a few times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts