Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gixxer bros ? i have a question to ask you all tia, i use to ride a 95 honda vfr 750 sport tourer good bike just way to heavy anyways
now i have myself an 04 gixxer 600 k4 and I'm in love its great
i have been riding to work about 25 mins for the last 3 days and today my back is killing me i never had a problem with sport tourer like this my back isn't ? anyway and the gixxer wants me to lean forward all the time back hurts after a ride like 20 mins and arms tingle when riding, HELP please i cant get rid of it I don't want to my question is, is there a way i can fix this problem would rising the bars make a difference or the legs maybe I dunno
but regardless if i have to i will keep riding in pain its worth it on the gixxer lol ??

·
Registered
322 Posts
You could try adjustable rearsets move the footrest forward and a little lower and you can put raised bars on however the raised bar option would make it feel more like a tourer

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Start looking for a set of clip ons that raises and brings the bars back. Adjustable rearsets. The bike wasn’t made for touring. It was made for racing.

·
Super Moderator
15,074 Posts
The GSX-R is not the correct motorcycle for your purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS

You need a commuter bike. A sport tourer would suit you much better. Plenty of us have commuted on our Gixxers but we all know deep down inside there are far better choices in motorcycles out there for commuting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi gixxer bros ? i have a question to ask you all tia, i use to ride a 95 honda vfr 750 sport tourer good bike just way to heavy anyways
now i have myself an 04 gixxer 600 k4 and I'm in love its great
i have been riding to work about 25 mins for the last 3 days and today my back is killing me i never had a problem with sport tourer like this my back isn't ? anyway and the gixxer wants me to lean forward all the time back hurts after a ride like 20 mins and arms tingle when riding, HELP please i cant get rid of it I don't want to my question is, is there a way i can fix this problem would rising the bars make a difference or the legs maybe I dunno
but regardless if i have to i will keep riding in pain its worth it on the gixxer lol ??
Problem queried = Happiness / Health - retain Gixxer
Solution Offered = Health / Happiness! - replace Gixxer

Reactions: ILOVEFATTWINZ

·
Registered
38 Posts
just going to out up with it lol gixxer = happiness with or without a sore back
Ideally, if you could afford to just keep the 04 gixxer and buy any ST such as an older Katana/V-Strom then you get the best of both worlds.
To be honest, I am thinking the same. My commute is 35mins tops from Luton to NW London using my L5-1000.
The power, handling, performance and agility whilst filtering suits me. BUT, at aged 54 it is taking its toll on both my neck and shoulders.
(For now, my back is still holding out!) - (There is also a Limited Edition 2006 Yammie R6 being sold locally, I am quite tempted because it is in immaculate condition at £3,500)
I have also been looking at the more sensible Vstroms', but then I have to also consider the associated costs of maintaining/insuring 2 x bikes & storage and blah blah...
Decisions are increasingly tough!

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,962 Posts
just going to out up with it lol gixxer = happiness with or without a sore back
Being in pain isn't happiness. There are plenty of other bikes, such as the FZ1, which will wipe the floor with that 600 while being 100x more comfortable.
The GSX-R is not happiness, and you're just hiding your true feelings for something ephemeral

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a GSX-S1000 for touring and a GSX-R1000 for local riding. Problem solved.
The S motor is based off the K5 GSX-R, so it puts out plenty of power all thru the revs.
Check it out for yourself, it might be a nice compromise...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try not to think about the pain so much, focus on other things... Stretching prior to riding to work may relieve some... Try to find a pair of gravity boots, they clip on to your ankles and have a hook on them so you can hang upside down, that will relieve pressure on your spine and may help you in general with your back pain... Your posture on the bike maybe can be situated... Try using your legs to hold onto the bike rather than your arms which will relieve your hands tingling because your using your hands and arms too much.... I wouldn't do anything to the bike... If all else fails, GO FASTER!!! That will make you focus more on the ride then the agony of your back... Sorry, I had to...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wtf is with this bike broken down again flat battery if turn ignition past the lock position does that flatten my battery it looks like a little light or something on the ignition i think im turning it off to far around and flattening my battery god damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it

·
Registered
109 Posts
wtf is with this bike broken down again flat battery if turn ignition past the lock position does that flatten my battery it looks like a little light or something on the ignition i think im turning it off to far around and flattening my battery god damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it
Yes, it does!!!! Puts the parking lights on... That's why!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you turn it past lock your leaving your lights on!!!! You didn't notice!!! How long have you been riding??? Or is this a joke? It's a bulb throwing light off (parking lights)....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you turn it past lock your leaving your lights on!!!! You didn't notice!!! How long have you been riding??? Or is this a joke? It's a bulb throwing light off (parking lights)....
Hi buddy having charging issues now bike starts fine but won't charge the battery when i rev it it only goes up a little bit so now if I have been riding then turn off bike it wont start as its flat the battery does hold its charge when sitting and not riding i looked at my regulator wiring it seems fine I'm gping to change it back to the original regulator as thats still ok just have to cut wires back a bit from when the plug melted dont think it affected it atleast that way i can rule out the regulator thinking maybe the new ones not working and if it dosent charge with old regulator then it has to be the stator please correct me if I'm wrong always value your help and info PUSHMONKEE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all good now champ turns out the regulator i bought failed miserably and it was a good rice one rewired old regulator genuine i think and all charge is back yes hopefully stays that way now

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi buddy having charging issues now bike starts fine but won't charge the battery when i rev it it only goes up a little bit so now if I have been riding then turn off bike it wont start as its flat the battery does hold its charge when sitting and not riding i looked at my regulator wiring it seems fine I'm gping to change it back to the original regulator as thats still ok just have to cut wires back a bit from when the plug melted dont think it affected it atleast that way i can rule out the regulator thinking maybe the new ones not working and if it dosent charge with old regulator then it has to be the stator please correct me if I'm wrong always value your help and info PUSHMONKEE
No man... It fried my rectifier and my stator was good... Probably the rectifier is bad... Where did you get the rectifier? I thought the same thing and just cut out the plug and hardwired it and cranked it up, the lights dimmed when I reved the motor, I changed the rectifier and bam, fixed... You may, if you didn't get an OEM rectifier, than go ahead and spend the extra cash for an OEM part and I'm sure that will do it... Do you have a multimeter? If so, pull the seat and check what you have at the battery after running the engine for a minute, should be no more than 14.5 I believe... You can find the specs somewhere on here or YouTube and or Google... Check that if you haven't... Battery is new??? I would also if you don't have one already invest in a battery tender and hook it up to your battery with the quik connect so you can plug it in when your done riding... I have the Megaboost Pro 4000 and works great...

·
Registered
109 Posts
You could try that but it will be a time consuming process as you well know... I would check everything with a multimeter 1st, it will tell you what's wrong without guessing...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You could try that but it will be a time consuming process as you well know... I would check everything with a multimeter 1st, it will tell you what's wrong without guessing...
ended up rewiring old rectifier in hard wired no plug and all is good now it wasn't getting correct charge and no the new one wasn't oem my bad lesson learnt, the old reftifier is working good back on the road again hopefully stays that way thanks for your reply champ ????????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts