Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that I have to change my coolant from ethylene to propylene since I will be running red group with TPM, anyone use EVANS? The NPG-R super coolant? I also ride street sometimes.

·
Spunk Gargling Knob Gobbling Squid
2,155 Posts
What really is the difference if you are riding novice and you don't have to change fluids but on the same track in intermediate or advanced you have to change it? Doesn't make sense to me on a track day where you have both on the same track. Can anyone explain this?:dunno

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TPM wants the coolant changed out, intermediate group and up. That's what it says in their rules, I have ridden intermediate before with other org's and didn't need to change the coolant.

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
novice groups are usually larger.
since they are novice, they are slower.
large slow group = less likely to spew fluids with other racers behind them going mach 2

sure the novice may have more crashes, but they are usually OFF the track because the rider mis-negotiated the turn in or exit and ends up low siding and sliding off. (too wide, too hot, too slow, scared to turn)

faster riders go down and their stuff is shattering apart on impact and on the race line at least 90% of the time = slip-n-slide for all

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I still have no answer as to what I need to do with this coolant swap.
I have prestone Low-Tox propylene antifreeze and it doesnt say anywhere on the container that it is premixed, so that means I have to mix it, right? Also do I need to do a complete flush out of my old coolant? With waht if yes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts