Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual is not clear at all. In the service manual when adjusting the screw under the clutch release adjuster cap it says "loosen the lock nut" and points to the bolt thing underneath the locknut? So what I did was held on to the underneath thing with 12mm wrench and loosened the locknut with 10mm socket. It then says "turn the adjuster screw OUT" does out mean counter clockwise?? So I turn counterclockwise and never feel any resistence till the damn screw comes out. Then I put it back in and turn it untill i do feel resistence going clockwise, but to make sure I turn it back a but then turned it counter clockwise again but the resistence is moving. Its not in the same place. So If i turn the screw clockwise with the resitence it moves something. So next time the screw would have to turn in further to go a 1/2 turn past resistence.....

WTF do i do?

Thanks, Andy

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
"Some people just weren't cut out for life in the garage."

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: I do not understand the clutch adjustment section of K5

loosen the lock nut, back out a turn or two then turn in clockwise until resistance is felt then back out 1/2 turn and lock the locknut

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

10x clearer then the manual ^ thanks

·
Banned
14,060 Posts

Shit

I turned mine out 2 1/2 turns and tightened to lock nut until I felt resistance.

I knew I should have bought the 10R instead.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright dudes this is my first bike, want to make sure I do it right...thats what the hell these forums are for. I have spent many successful hrs in the garage making my Camaro SS run 8s. How about you don;t reply unless you feel like helping someone with a question?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Guys.....there are things people can and cannot do. whos perfect here?! tell me plsssssss. must be nice to be you lol

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Alright dudes this is my first bike, want to make sure I do it right...thats what the hell these forums are for. I have spent many successful hrs in the garage making my Camaro SS run 8s. How about you don;t reply unless you feel like helping someone with a question?
Guys.....there are things people can and cannot do. whos perfect here?! tell me plsssssss. must be nice to be you lol
Agree with you both. I just thought the manual was clear on this matter. No offence intended

I'll try my best:

First turn the adjuster on the lever all the way in.

Hold the "thing" with the 12mm wrench and loosen the locknut with the 10mm.
Hold the "thing" and turn the screw 2/3 rotations out (counterclockwise).
Then turn the screw inwards (clockwise) until resistance is felt. Turn the screw out 1/2 turn. Tighten the lock nut while holding the screw in position. This can be tricky cause if I rember correct you still need to hold the "thing". You need a third hand.

Hope it helps some.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I`m a dummy, I paid someone to do mine and I was gunna pay him to show me how next time, Ha.
But some of the stuff in this thread bought a smile to my face. It just gets funnier.

·
Registered
518 Posts

The confusing part of the whole operation is that you need three hands to do it, as COMEBACK stated. Two nuts to hold (I should rephrase that) and one screw to turn. In another thread, someone mentioned using a 12mm crow's foot to hold one. It is on my tool wish list now.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Use your teeth to hold the screwdriver to keep the worm gear from spinning. And then you still have 2 hands left

·
Registered
226 Posts
Also, it tells you in the 1st part of the instructions to turn the adjuster all the way into the clutch lever assembly, but it never says anything about turning it back out. Do you leave it turned all the way in after you turn the cable adjuster and tighten the lock nut????????????????????????????

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
The adjuster at the clutch lever is for fine adjustment and should be almost all the way in. This will allow you room to adjust the free play at the lever without running out of adjustemnt.

Do the bulk of your free play adjustment at the other end of the cable.

Either way you are OK.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The adjuster at the clutch lever is for fine adjustment and should be almost all the way in. This will allow you room to adjust the free play at the lever without running out of adjustemnt.

Either way you are OK.
Why does it come from the dealership much further out from the clutch assembly?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Comeback...do you have any pics of this "thing?" I've not gotten my new Gixxer yet, but I would like to see this now, so I will know what to do when the time comes.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts

Either way you are OK.
Why does it come from the dealership much further out from the clutch assembly?
If you ask that question then you must first ask yourself why does it come from the dealer misadjusted.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts